Chapter 5 - Healing

Light, that was the first thing he noticed. Blinding light that was giving him a headache.

He soon caught sight of a creamy white ceiling and some sort of brown on the left side of his vision. He wasn't dead...was he? Maybe this was some kind of weird after death realm.

He was quickly mistaken when a sharp pain in his stomach made him shut his eyes tight and groan. He wasn't dead, but where was he?

"Guys he's awake!" Seamus?

"Oh thank god. Is he ok?" Jordan...

"He's bleeding!" James...? Was he in the office?

"I can fix it, you guys go, I'll call you when he's better." Eddie. He heard footsteps, 'what was my name again? I could think of everyone else easily...'

He felt a hand on his shoulder, "Aleks?" 'Aleks...yes my name was Aleks...' "Aleks I'm going to redo your stitches, think you can stay still for me?"

'How do I nod? I can't move very well...' He nodded none the less but it was a very slight movement.

"Alright, it will hurt but we don't have anything to numb it I'm sorry." Eddie got to work quickly. 

Eddie grabbed the stitches and undid the now bloody bandages, he'd gonna need someone to get new ones, great.

He undid the stitches and thread the new ones through a needle.

As soon as the needle went through the skin, Aleks' body jerked and he screamed. "shh, it's ok, do you want me to get you something to hold?"

Aleks didn't know why he nodded but he did, he hated feeling so...weak.

Eddie came back but all Aleks had to tell were his footsteps. Aleks could feel something on his chest and wrapped his arms around it instinctively. He felt it, a toy, a teddy? A small one though.

Eddie continued to stitch the wound, Aleks screaming, while biting, tugging and clenching the toy.

When Eddie was finally done he ran a hand through Aleks' hair. "It's done now Aleks...I'm sorry for hurting you..."

Aleks didn't say or do anything, he could feel himself falling asleep again. He tried to stay awake but he didn't have the strength and passed out.

-

Eddie sighed, hearing Aleks' breathing even out when he fell asleep. Why did people have to be so horrible...what did creatures ever do to them? Sure they didn't have a great relationship in like the 1940's but today's a different time.

Eddie left and went to the stream room where everyone was sitting in. "How is he?" Jordan asked quickly.

"He's alright, he went back to sleep."

"Poor guy...humans, their such...such." James clenched his jaw when he spoke, he was so pissed.

"There's nothing we can do about it, they don't like us and we can't change that..." Dan added.

"But it's still against the law to torture us." Seamus retorted, spitting venom into the last few words.

"Not like they give a shit, they break the law all the time." Kevin growled.

"Look, all we can do is talk to someone if you guys are really upset. It's not like I'm not either but maybe now can be the time to take actions, and now we have proof of what they are doing to us." Eddie all but yelled, pointing in the direction Aleks was.

"A judge you mean?" Jordan asked.

"There's nothing else we can do. Boy's we're going to court."

-

Eddie and Aleks sat at one table while 2 other random people who made a group/club against creatures sat at another table.

They had been arguing for at least and hour now, the rest of the guys sat in the crowd along with other people who happened to be creatures.

"Your honor! We have proof that they hate us and will hurt us when they feel like it!" Eddie yelled, but tried to keep his voice low enough to now sound menacing.

"Alright, and where is your proof?" The judge asked in a snooty voice. It was obvious he wasn't against creatures but he didn't seem to believe how dangerous humans can be.

"Aleks, can you please?" Aleks looked up at Eddie before hesitantly standing and lifting his shirt, showing the huge still healing gash in his stomach. "He was kidnapped a week ago and was almost killed. We took him to a hospital but they refused to take him in because of what he was. Not all humans are horrible, we have great fans in our work, but humans are dangerous and they don't care about us. Your honor, they think we are scum and will hurt them like they hurt us."

"Your honor. They don't deserve to live in our community! My brother was killed by a beast and I will not allow these...things to live in our vicinity!" the woman of the two retorted.

"If we wanted to kill you we could of jumped you anytime ago." Eddie growled at the woman.

"Order in the court!" The judge yelled, smacking that hammer on the desk when the whole court room broke out into an argument. "Young man, mind coming closer?" The judge motioned for Aleks who hesitantly obeyed. "How did you get that scar?"

"Your honor I-" Eddie started but the judge cut him off.

"I do believe your story sir, but I want to hear his side of the story, do you mind?" Eddie nodded and sat back down. He looked back down at Aleks who shrunk under his gaze, "go ahead."

"I-I...I was captured...they hurt and tortured me...y-your honor...if E-Eddie and the others d-didn't find me...th-they would of killed me...s-sir...we can't k-keep living like this..."

The judge nodded and smacked the hammer on the desk, causing Aleks to jump. "I have decided. All creatures will live in the human world LIKE humans. Any threat or damage that comes to them will be the same penalty taken for any other human. If you have any objections I don't want to hear it. Police will be patrolling each town to make sure everyone is living correctly."

"But your honor, that's-"

"That's what? The same as treatment you give your daughter or family member? I think you can manage. I want your group disbanded immediately. Case dismissed."

-

Life hasn't completely changed, people still stare, but no threats come to them and actually people are starting to like creatures better.

Aleks is happier and it's obvious to all of the others. The wound has healed as well, there's still a scar though.

"Hey Aleks, whatcha working on?" Eddie asked, draping his arms over Aleks' shoulders.

"Editing a minecraft video, what about you?"

"Just finished editing a video so I thought I'd check on you." Aleks chuckled, looking back at Eddie.

"You do work so much faster."

"It's because you slack off a lot."

Aleks pouts, "don't say that..."

"But its true" Eddie chuckled.

"Yeah, I know." Aleks chuckled as well.

Eddie smiled and kissed Aleks' cheek. Aleks blushes and looks at Eddie in surprise. Eddie just chuckles and waves before leaving the room.

Aleks places his hand on his cheek, Eddie just... Aleks smiled and continued editing. Life is just so much better now.

Bad ending but meh xD I had to think of something right?

Hope you liked, love you guys :D

If you have any story ideas I'd love to hear em :3