Chapter 5 - Oh you're so sneaky, I like it!

(Alpha of the Silver Creek Pack – Tristan's Father POV)

Looking out the window watching the new pups playing in the yard he blew out a breath in frustration. "Why is it taking so long" he couldn't comprehend. He loved watching the pups it always brought back memories of his kids when they were younger.

He couldn't help but remember all the times he recalled Tristan and Livy playing together they were always one step behind each other. He enjoyed the fact that he would have numerous stories to tell his grandkids later on.

As a pup Tristan always seemed to be in search of Livy for whatever reason.

He watched in silence for years, and knew the best way for them to establish a bond was if he let fate take control.

He knew after they reached adolescent that they were meant to be mated. Because the signs were there; they were always together as children, playing or causing trouble. As they got older it just evolved into practical jokes they would play on each other.

Blowing out another frustrated sigh "maybe I misinterpreted the signs, or maybe I was hoping for something that wasn't there" shaking his head "no I couldn't have." As he waited for his beta he paced back and forth brain storming ideas, he was instantly pulled out of his thoughts when he heard the knock on the door instantly knowing the scent "Come in Sammy".

"Thanks Alpha you wanted to speak to me?"

"Yes, I know there are a few matters that we need to address but at the moment I want to talk about the future of the pack. As you know Tristan has willingly begun alpha training and he's doing excellent. I don't foresee the training lasting much longer. This brings me to my second point you and I have both had our inclinations about our children and for whatever reason things have not progressed."

She raised her hand to interject but I held my hand out asking her to wait till I was done.

"I know Tristan's alpha senses are rising to the surface so I'm pretty certain his need for his mate will only increase with time. Once the training is complete I'm going to hold a pack meeting. During the meeting I'll announce Tristan's accession as Alpha. I will also announce a formal ball shortly after where he will have to choose his mate. You know I love your daughter as if she were my own. I'm not sure what's holding them back, but maybe this is the push they need."

__________________________________________________________

(Olive's POV)

It's been three months since Diddy's party. That night Mase took me to his apartment and we hung out laughing and talking until the sun rose. I enjoy spending time with him because I don't need to hide I can be myself and I'm grateful to him for that.

The weeks have flown by and I've enjoyed every minute of it. We've gone to the beaches, parks he's even invited me to his pack runs but I've declined every invitation. I hate standing around feeling like an outsider. I stopped watching my own pack runs for the same reason, plus this heat wave is driving me insane.

It's been so hot these last few days, and today is no exception. School has been dragging, and I've barely seen Tristan at school, which is completely unlike him. On one hand I was happy because I wouldn't have to deal with his mood swings, but then on the other hand part of me missed him. I know it's wrong since I'm with Mase but I can't help it. When I questioned Star about Tristan's absence she mentioned Tristan was training with his dad. I was shocked I never thought the day would come.

If I were completely honest just hearing that he is stepping up and beginning the process makes my heart flutter with pride. Opening my messenger bag I placed all my textbooks away in my locker. Thank goodness we didn't have homework tonight, but since it was almost the end of the school year, I'm not surprised.