Chapter 11 - Hhmm

two uploads in one day...yay. I hope you like it. As always let me know what you think.

_________________________________________________

Olive’s POV:

As soon as his scent formed a cloud around me I couldn’t think straight my mind clouded over as I felt my body come alive with anticipation. The undeniable pull had me wrapped in the moment.

“I have to agree you look amazing” he said looking me in the eyes without blinking. His words alone seemed to feel like a soft caress that washed over my body causing me to feel weak in the knees. I couldn’t understand what was happening to me. Our connection never felt this strong before? Yes, the pull was there but…I don’t know this time it’s different. Shaking my head to pull myself out of my trance I excused myself as I nodded my acknowledgement telling Star and Diddy that I would see them inside.

Once I got inside I put my jacket and sunglasses aside and found Jay handing out supplies and giving instructions. Star and Diddy came in shortly after.

After we were grouped everyone got to work. My group consisted of Star, Diddy, and Samantha. Questioning Star I found out she was one of the new wolves that became part of the pack last month at the monthly run.

We all quickly picked the sections we were going to paint and got to work. Looking around I noticed Tristan was going from group to group helping them out the best he could. My body was extremely aware of his presence nearby. I really needed a distraction to take my thoughts away from him so I placed my earplugs in and started listening to music as I began painting my section of the wall.

Even with my earplugs on I felt someone’s eyes on me and I knew exactly who they belonged to because it felt like a fire was starting from my feet and working its way up slowly. Turning around to seek the owner I caught his eyes as they peeled away from me to help teach Samantha the proper way to paint. As they spoke I noticed she kept leaning into him. How desperate I thought as I heard her giggle and place a hand on his bicep. Involuntarily a low growl left my mouth. Caught completely off guard I stood in a state of shock because I’ve never growled before. Tristan stiffened and moved Samantha’s hand off his bicep handing her the paint brush as he made his way toward me “Livy, we need to talk.”

“Tristan I uh…can’t right now can we talk later?”

Looking at me with concern clearly on his face he nodded his understanding “later then” he said and walked away.

Turning I see Star and Diddy in their own world having a paint fight. Those two get along well I though as I looked down I applied more paint onto my brush and continued to paint as I thought.

How in the world…I never shifted….this doesn’t make sense?

I learned to be content with the fact that I would never shift. I learned to move on. I was partly happy because as soon as I found out Tristan was my mate I knew the pull wouldn’t be that strong on my behalf because I never shifted. I thought I inherited my dad’s genes.

If things have changed….I don’t even want to get my hopes up. But it does explain all the weird things that have occurred lately and why I’ve been feeling certain thing.

As I continued to paint I felt a paint brush grazing my arm. Turning around I see Star cracking up. Pulling my earplugs from my ears and placing them in my pocket. I squinted my eyes and looked at her “really, are you that bored already?”

“Well we finished our area and then helped Samantha with her area. I saw you here in your own world and decided to have some fun” she said smiling at me as Jay came over to inspect our areas. “Great guys do you think you could help the other group out? There almost done but I know it will get done faster if you guys lend a hand.” As he waited for our reply he saw my painted arm and the paint clearly on Stars body “you guys are too much” he said smirking. Before we were able to answer him he was called by one of the other pack members that were fixing one of the light fixtures “I got to go guys but thanks in advance” he said jogging toward them.

Huffing Star looked at me and then called Diddy and Samantha over to tell them what Jay mentioned “Alright guys I’m almost done, I’ll go over in a few minutes” I said spraying some paint toward Star. Laughing as I hid behind Diddy. As he lifted his hands in surrender he motioned in the other direction “Let’s spread out that way we’ll get it done faster and can hang out after” Diddy said as we all nodded agreeing with him.

*****

About 4 hours later the entire dining hall was painted and light fixtures were fixed. As we all stood back and looked at the place. Tristan and another pack member came in with boxes of pizzas. Asking Jay to get the drinks he placed the pizza boxes on the tables that were cleared earlier “Alright everyone you did an amazing job, dig in”

We all ate until we were stuffed and hung around outside for a while laughing and joking around. Diddy of course was trying to mac it to the new members. Star and I sat back cracking up as we watched them turn him down. When we saw him walking back toward us we stifled our giggles and just looked at him with glassy eyes.

“I must be off my game” he said scratching his head “either that or I’m getting punked” he said plopping himself on the ground next to us. Finally unable to hold it anymore we broke out laughing. Wiping our eyes he looked at us “nice guys, real nice”.

“Ah, come on Diddy we’re sorry. It was just too funny to watch” Star said patting his back.

“Whatever” he said lying down on the grass. Laying down with him we talked about random things and started laughing at the odd things we did when we were younger.

Before he even spoke I felt his presence. Hovering over me he extended his hand “Livy, can we talk?”

Sitting up I declined his hand because if his presence was causing my body to become aware of him I’m afraid to find out what his touch will cause. Brushing some of the grass off my bottom I told Star I would be right back. I watched as she got up mentioning she was tired, so Diddy offered her a ride. Before she walked off she turned and winked at me with a knowing smile on her face. Saying our goodbyes they walked in the other direction.

Tristan and I walked toward the tree lining. Brushing my hand over some of the flowers he cleared his throat “Livy, I can feel your presence much stronger than the last couple of months. I’ve also noticed certain physical changes in you. Have you thought that maybe your wolf will come forward soon?”

Taking in what he said I answered “Honestly It just occurred to me today, but I don’t want to make too much of it because if it doesn’t happen I don’t want to get my hopes up.”

Looking into the tree lining “Livy, when your wolf makes an appearance. You’ll need help with your first shift. This is our pack and you’re my mate I know I haven’t acted as much but I need you, and I refuse to let you go into the hands of another.”

Shock clearly on my face I looked at him. Now he wants me. Now he wants to claim what’s his. Throwing my hands in the air “I can’t believe you. Now you decide you want your mate. After I’ve moved on? How dare you. I’m not certain if it’s my wolf coming forward or not. But who I decided to stay with is my decision not yours. When you decided you couldn’t handle us being together it hurt like hell, but I dealt with it, and moved on.”

I watched as his hands fisted with his eyes closed. Opening his eyes he looked at me. I was taken back his eyes were completely dilated signifying his wolf was in control.

As he stepped closer I stepped back until my back hit a tree trunk “My lovely mate you are MINE, you can’t and will not deny our connection. I'm sorry we've hurt you but we'll make it up to you in every way. I’ve called and awakened your wolf within you and when she comes forward. She will claim what’s hers" he said softly caressing my face. Instinctively my face leaned into his hand as his breath enveloped me “you see we are made for each other...till later my love” and with that he walked off.