Chapter 1 - Neither here nor There

Pulling myself from my thoughts I glanced up at the clock urging it to hit 2:40 so the damn bell will go off…and my weekend can begin. I can’t wait to see Mason and wrap myself around him taking in his scent. Gosh that boy drives me wild.

As I sat back in my chair and skimmed through all the people in my class. We have the nerd who sits right in front hoping he and/or she won’t miss something vital. The jocks who sit in the back by the window along with their cheering section.

I on the other hand would probably consider myself pretty average. I mean don’t get me wrong I am pretty hot if I say so myself. I’m about 5 feet 4 inches with long light brown hair, crystal blue eyes and a guitar shape figure. I’m not a social introvert, but I’m not a complete extrovert either. I try to keep out of the way and go about my business. I have no desire to fit into some status quo that pushes you into being something you’re not. I’m content with just being me. I honestly could care less for all the social banter that goes on in this school. All I care about is finishing up this school year and leaving for college in the fall.

Ever since I found out Tristan was my mate and dealt with the initial rejection (placing me on Pause is pretty much rejecting me, you can’t have your cake and eat it too) and seeing him with other girls was hard especially when he became more exclusive with Marissa. I didn’t comprehend how he pushed me aside but accepted a fill in…with no problem? Each day the pull for my mate seemed to hurt just a bit more, thank Goodness I didn’t receive my mom’s wolf gene if not the pull would have been 10 times as worse.

Tristan being a werewolf and future Alpha should feel the pull a lot stronger than me. I’m not sure how he does it. Even though I have to admit he doesn’t look me in the eyes as much anymore which causes a mild ache in my chest. I guess the slut that’s glued to his hip must help dull the ache.

I need to let go of Tristan in every sense of the word, but am I capable of completely letting go the one person who completes me, who make even my worst days livable, the man who could help me grow to my full potential within the pack, who fate decided was my better half. I don’t know, only time can tell.

*Flashback* (8 years ago)

“MOM” I yelled at the top of my lungs.

“Olive why in the world do you look like that” my mom said as she eyed me up and down.

I looked at her sheepishly “well Star and I thought it would be funny to play a joke on Tristan, but instead it back fired and he got us first” crunching up my face in disgust I continued “Tristan thought it would be hilarious to wet us, and then throw flour at us”

My mom’s face formed into a complete grin “serves you right”

(What the heck) I thought looking at her with a shocked look on my face.

“Come on Olive let's get you cleaned up” she said giggling. As she grabbed my hand and ushered me to the house, (I couldn’t believe it has my mom finally cracked. What the heck does my torture please her? Geesh.)

“Mom why on earth would you find this situation so amusing?”

“I just find it endearing you and Tristan have always bickered back and forth ever since you were young, who knows maybe fate has a funny way of turning things around later on.”

“Yeah right, Mom because that’s exactly what I want, I secretly yearn for Tristan” (I said sarcastically putting my hands on my chest)

*End of Flashback*

As the bell rang signifying the end of class; and pulled me out of my daze. I started gathering all of my books and placing them neatly in my book bag. Hoping with all my might that Tristan and his band of merry men would leave the hallways before I left class.