Chapter 9

~
In other to be happy with oneself it is necessary to a make at least one person truly happy.
~

//Chapter Nine\\

Noel's POV

"One two three four. I declare thumb war," I say to myself as I bring my two thumbs together. "Come on Lefty, come on righty. Grab his hand nail, grab his hand nail. Aish. And the winner is lefty!"

I burst out laughing, "you did this to me Alex Russo." I would forever miss wizards of Waverley.

"Someone seems to be in a good mood," my mum said her head peeking into my room.

"Hi mom," I greet her pulling my legs to me.

"Hellllooo," she sings coming in and sitting on my bed. "You're laughing."

I roll my eyes playfully, "yea mum, it's a thing people do."

"What's making you laugh," she asked eying me suspiciously.

Well, for starters. I can't stop imaging what Aaron's face will look like when he realize I didn't come to homecoming and let's just say I'm feeling giddy. "Nothing mum, I'm just not sad this evening." I say.

"Hmm, ok." She gets up to leave then looks at me again. "Isn't today homecoming?".

I nod, " how did you know?"

"I'm friends with the neighbors. Why didn't you go?" She asked frowning.

"I didn't want to mum, I didn't feel like it. Moreover, you know I have two left feet when it comes to dancing," I say to her hoping she drops it.

"Noel, you can dance." She says sadness clouding her eyes.

"Yea, with dad." I say slowly my eyes becoming like mum's own. I'm the worst dancer the planet has ever seen. I can't even twirl without making a fool of myself and landing flat down on my ass.

At my 12 year old birthday, the theme of the birthday was swan princess. My mum knew I couldn't dance yet she planned the party that way, she wanted it to be the biggest celebration of all time. Everybody was invited, when I say everybody, I mean everybody. We had hundreds of guest. Mum enrolled me in a dancing school, I failed but yet she falsely believed in me.

I was called to dance the usual 'barbie' dance and my escort was one very cute Californian boy, my crush at that age. We started dancing and it didn't take long before I fell ass down to the ground, it was so humiliating. I could hear Caren's laughter from the crowd. I got off the ground and ran away crying. I locked myself up in my room and cried my eyes out. My dad came and I let him in.

"What's wrong my little Odet?" He asked sitting on the bed beside me.

"I'm no Odet. I'm a clown." I said wiping the falling tears with the back of my palm.