Chapter 3

Authors note

To my readers,

I'm so sorry I haven't uploaded in months. Things have been a little rough in my personal life and I just couldn't find time to update. Don't worry I will be continuing the story but it may have some slow updates because becoming a nurse takes up a lot of time!

And THANK YOU so much for reading!
Here's a little update!
****************************************

My heart was pounding so hard it was the only thing I could hear.

"Okay Addison" I said speaking to myself. "Forget what he did for just a second and tell him the news."

I nodded my head for a little more motivation.

"I can do this. I can do this. He deserves to know." I repeated, dialling his number. Just as I was about to press the green button I lost all confidence.

"I can't! I can't do this!"

I paced back and forth in my room, left hand clutching my phone tightly and right hand smacking my forehead continuously.

I knew I had to tell him but for each second that passed by, I thought of a couple excuses not to inform him.

I let out a deep sigh and stopped my pacing.

I dialled his number and decided that this was it.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

"Hello?"

What were the instructions for breathing again?

"Colto-"

"Ha! Got you didn't I? Sorry, I can't come to the phone right now, just leave a message and I'll come back to you as soon as possible."

Beeeep

I ended the call and stared off into space. This was the first time in two weeks hearing his voice. Everything was coming back. It was as if hearing his voice was a trigger to my brain to remember all the memories we shared.

Hearing his voice again made me forget what we were going through. It made me forget all the hurt and pain I was feeling although he caused it.

I called again and just like the first, it went to voicemail. I knew I should've ended the call once the voicemail started but I didn't. I closed my eyes and listened to his voice feeling my chest tighten.

And I called one more time hoping he would answer.

But he didn't.

And I knew right then.. It was all over.