Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The police arrived very quickly, surrounding the house and making m OWN house a crimes scene. One of the police officers came and told me they didn't find anyone in my house.

"M'am, I need to ask you a few questions." I nodded and followed him. The officer took out a notepad and pencil out and began. "M'am, have you been in any arguments with your mother, any to make you very upset?" "A-are you s-saying you think I-I k-killed my mom?" I stuttered. Suddenly, I couldn't hold it in anymore.

The tears came pouring out, and I sat down on the curb, bringing my knees to my chest. The officer looked down, his eyes full of pity but didn't come and comfort me. "No." I finally said in between sobs. "Is there anyone who dislikes you or your mother greatly?" I didn't know about my mom.

ME?YA, I KNOW SOMEBODY WHO HATES ME ALOT. But I couldn't tell, I wouldn't. That secret had to be kept buried. WHAT IF THIS IS WHAT'S CAUSING THIS? That was something I didn't want to agree with. "No." I croaked, lying. The man written it down. "And, last of all, do you have any suspicions of who could have-?" "No." He finished up and closed his notepad. "Thanks, M'am, we'll find who did this." The officer walked off.

"Abby!" I heard Dylan call. I spun around to see him running towards me. "Dylan." I breathed, pulling him into a giant hug. My eyes watered up and tears fell. "Shh, it's okay." Dylan soothed, rubbing my back gently. I knew it wasn't. It wasn't even close to okay. "Dylan, I-" My cell beeped. "Don't answer it, Abby." he said. "Why?" I asked, then realized why. I still took it out anyway. It was a message from the man. 'Ur next, Abby. I know what u did, and ur biggest secret.'

* * *

I laid at the police station, eyes watery and red. A green blanket was draped over me, and I was in the lounge chair. The wooden clock read 1:28, and it was dark except for the light in the room a little distance away. I heard soft words being exchanged. "-Her safe." "Sir, we will do are best." "It's not enough!" I recognized that voice as Dylan's. "Listen, she's in police hands now, which is safe-" "Let her stay with me."

"Sir, that's not allowable." "Please?" I heard him plead. Silence. Finally, the other man said, "If she agrees, we'll offer that tomorrow." "Thank you." As Dylan walked out, I quickly shut my eyes to make myself appear to be sleeping. He passed, and walked out the station. I smiled to myself. Living with Dylan wouldn't be bad.

That smile turned to horror as I heard a great crash in the room, followed with a hand clamping over my mouth. I screamed.

(Ohh, whats gonna happen to poor Abby?? Find out soon!)