Chapter 20

Chapter 20

TOBIAS

I stare at her while she sleeps, I have my hand up to her face and my thumb going in an p and down motion on her cheek.

I can feel her brother and her dad staring at me, but I don't look away from her.

I am so happy she is safe, I almost thought I lost her again. I feel a hot tears running down my cheek.

"I did this." I mumble

"What do you mean four?How could you have done this or caused it?" Christina asks

I sigh tears still pouring from my eyes.

"If I would have kept my feelings hidden from her, that I liked her I wouldn't have fallen in love with her and my dad wouldn't have used her as a punishment for me." I say plainly

"You have to blame yourself for everything that happens to her don't you?" She asks, I never realized it before but I do blame myself for every bad thing that has happend to her.

"I'm him, I hurt her" I say, still crying

"Your not him Tobias!" The now awake Tris yells "first off you never hurt me, not once. Second your crying because you made some connection from you and me being hurt. And third, you didn't hurt me and yet your still apologizing for it, you are nothing like him at all and if you ever compare yourself to him I will slap you." She says sternly

I am still crying I can feel it. "I-I, can't lose you again Tris, I wouldn't be able to go on. You die I die, remember?" I say completely ignoring everyone else in the care including her family who is sending me death glares, all except her mother who is crying and starts walking towards us.

He strokes Tris hair then wipes the tears away from tris face.

"I'm so glad my daughter has found someone to love her with all their heart, Tobias my husband and son may not see it yet but I do, and thank you for loving her." She says

"Why thank me?" I say "I couldn't help but love her from the start." I begin "I should be thanking her, she saved me from myself and gave me something to live for. I really don't deserve her but for some reason she stays with me."

I look down to tris who stares at me in complete disbelief.

"Your kidding me right?" She says

"Now I know how you felt when I questioned weather or not you loved me, god Tobias I love you, I always will never let yourself think otherwise. Your stuck with me weather you like it or not."

I laugh "I'm okay with that."

She smiles "good."

I lean down and kiss her, and she deepens the kiss. The next thing I know I feel something hitting my head, her dad.

I look up and all the girls in the car are crying and her dad and Caleb look like their about to kill me.

And all the guys just kinda look at me like whoa four was just crying and said all that mushy stuff.

Before I could react the car came to a stop, we were at Amity to stock up on supplies.

"We will need to check your cargo." I familiar voice says

"Cara?" Tris says

She looks at Tris and runs up to us and hugs her so tightly and Tris lets out a scream.

"Her back is pretty banged up." I say

She nods "tris oh my god your alive!how?" She screams

"Long story but for now just stand up and turn around." She says as Will creeps up behind his sister.

She just nods "whatever the dead desires." She says and turns around

She screams "WILL!?" She now is crying tears of joy as she squeezes the life out of him.

"It's an extremely long story but can you help us get Tris inside she needs stitches."I say as I pick her up.

She flinches a bit when I bend her but soon relaxes.

"Of corse!" She screams "Joanne and Matthew will be so happy to see everyone is okay."

With that we walk in the direction of the compound, I remember the last Time we were here. I laugh at the memory.

"What?" Tris asks

"Remember when they injected you with a little to much peace syrum?" I ask

Before she can respond "oh. My. Gosh. Tris on peace syrum?now that would be a sight." Will says

I laugh again "it was really annoying" I say and Tris playfully punches my chest.

She looks at Caleb "remember the big brother talk?" She asks him mockingly

He nods "and I hope every word stuck." He says

"And just as I thought you were beginning to like him, but now that mom and dad are back your mister over protective, I really don't understand." She says

"I just don't want you getting hurt." He says plainly as we enter the compound.

I take Tris to the infirmary and she needed a lot of stitches so they put her under for it. They said it would take two hours.

"Be brave Tris." I whisper to her as I lay her on the bed. "I love you"

And now I had two hours to listen to what Caleb and Andrew had to say.... Here goes nothing.

~

I walk into the waiting room were they are telling Cara, Joanne, and Matthew our story from when we found tris up until now.

I sit in between Andrew and Natalie, she likes me maybe sitting next to her will help.

The next thing I know Caleb moves a chair so he is sitting right in front of me, perfect.

I stare at him. "You know I don't know what your guys problem is." I say with confidence "while you two were dead and he lead her to her death, twice I might add, I was there for her right there. Now you two have the nerve to question my love for her? I will let you know I would never hurt her knowingly, but you guys let her believe you were dead. And you, you just betrayed her, you should be questioning your love not mine." I say and stand up and walk away.

I see Natalie crying and Andrew punch Caleb and now all three of them are crying.

I hope now they see how much I love her, although I didn't mean to be so harsh with my words toward them, I am glad I said it.