Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“Blake, Amya, Sophia!”  Clara called.

“No!”  I yelled.

“Adeline!”

I woke up. Blake was yelling at her.

                “Hey it’s fine, it’s just a dream.” Blake told her.

                I flung myself into his arms. “But what if it isn’t?”

                “Don’t worry about it.” He hugged me then left the room.

                I got up.  It was 8:00 and the reaping started at 8:30.  We didn’t have school today.  I got dressed and went downstairs and sat down by the TV.  Soon Blake, Amya, and my mom came out of the kitchen and sat down next to me.  The TV flickered on.  All of the TV’s automatically turn on when something important is on.  Clara came onscreen.   

                “Let’s start with the boys!!” Clara said all too happily. “First we have,” she reached her hand into the box in front of her. “Dean Vick!  Noah Ernest! Ian Almanza! Asher Quinn! And Alan Nix!”

I looked at Blake and smiled. “There’s one person that I don’t need to worry about now.” I said to myself. 

 “Now for the girls! Ashely Kee! Brie Thompson! Alexis Greenwood! Adeline Wilson! And Mariah Roy!”

                “No no no,” I thought.  “This can’t be real.”  I looked over at Amya and my mom.  They were both sobbing and Blake’s face was in his hands.  I got upstairs, ran to my room, slammed the door, and slammed my head into my pillow.  Next thing I knew I was woke up by someone walking into my room.   It was Sophia.

                “Hey how are you doing?”  Sophia asked.

I sat up. “I’m fine I guess,” I said even though I wasn’t.

“No you’re not.”

“Fine.  No I’m not okay, I’m scared to death.”

“You can do this Adeline.  Don’t worry.  You can win this.”

“How?! I’m small and weak!  At least it isn’t you, Blake, or Amya.”

“I wish I could take your place.”

“No you don’t and you can’t so too bad.

“I know.” Sophia sat down next to me on the bed.  “I know you can do this.”

“Whatever.  You can think that but it’s not going to happen.

“Don’t say that.”

“Why not? You know it’s true.” I laid back down and looked at the ceiling.

                “Why does everything have to be like this?”

                “Life’s not fair but it still has to go on.”

                “I know.”

                “You should get some sleep.”

                The next thing I knew I was asleep again.  I was in a dark forest.  I heard something coming from the trees. I ran.  Ran as fast as I could but it was too late.  I giant dark beast came out of know where and everything went black.

                I woke up screaming.  Blake slammed the door open and came running in.

                “Are you okay?” he asked.

                “What do you think?”

                Blake came over and sat down next to me and kissed my forehead.  “I know you can do this.

                “No, no I can’t.”

                “Don’t say that, you’ll just bring yourself down.”

                “Like I’m not down already?”

                “Do you want to go down stairs?”

                “Sure…” I got out of bed and walked downstairs.  My mom and sister were sitting at the table.  When they saw me they both got up and started hugging me.

                “I’m so, so sorry.” My mom said.

                “I’m just glad it wasn’t Amya.” I said.

                Amya came over and hugged me.

                “Hey its fine.  I’ll be okay.”  I smiled at.

                “Okay.”  Amya smiled at me.

                There was a knock at the door.  I went over to open it and it was Sophia again.

                “Hey,” I said. 

                “Hey.  Are you doing better?” Sophia asked again.

                “Yeah I guess.”

                “That’s good.” Sophia asked again.

                We sat down at the table.  It was already six o’clock.  My mom gave me and Sophia a hamburger.  After we finished eating Sophia had to go home.

                “Bye.” Sophia gave me a big hug.

                “Bye.”  After she left I went upstairs to go to bed.           

~~~~~~~~~~

hey! Sorry its another short chapter.... and overall crappy..... but whatever! Do you guys like my new cover? I hope you liked it!!!! Comment and vote!