The Monster Games

Chapter 1

I woke up to Blake gently shaking my shoulder.

                “Hey, if you don’t get up you’ll be late.” He whispered in my ear.

                I opened my eyes and looked at the clock. Crap it was already seven and school started at eight.

                “Thanks,” I told Blake.

“No problem,” he smiled at me.

I got out of bed and went to my closet to get dressed.  I put on my favorite pair jeans and a light blue t-shirt.  Then I ran to the bathroom brushed my dark hair. When I had finished getting ready I went down stairs to get some breakfast.  My sister was sitting at the table half asleep.  Her dark brown hair was a mess and her normal hazel eyes, like mine, were bloodshot.

“Hey, Amya.  Why do you look so tired?”

“Oh, hi Adeline. I was up late last night thinking about tomorrow,” Amya said quietly.

“Don’t worry about tomorrow. It’ll be fine. There’s only a one in fifty chance of Massachusetts being chosen then a one in five million chance of you being chosen.”

“But what if you, or Blake, or anybody ells is chosen?”

“Don’t worry everything will be fine I promise,” I smiled at my little sister.

I went and got two bowls of cereal.  Blake came downstairs as I was pouring the milk.

“Where’s mom?” I asked. Usually she was home when we left for school.

“She had to go to work early since she’s not going tomorrow.”

“Oh, Okay.” I gave a bowl of cereal to Amya. “We have to leave in fifteen minutes eat up.”

When we had finished eating we put on our shoes and walked out to Blake’s mustang.

“Can I have shotgun this time?” Amya wined. She was always asking.

“No. I’ve told you I get shotgun whenever I’m around.”

“Fine.” Amya frowned.

We got in the car and drove to school.  Every school district had a big lot where the elementary school, middle school, high school, and a collage were all in a big circle.  Blake parked and we all go out of the car.

“Bye!” I said when I saw my best friend Sophia.

“Bye. Be back here at.”

“I know 3:30.” I ran off.  “Hi!” I yelled at Sophia.

“Hey Adeline!”

We walked inside of the high school and went on with our day we had all of our classes together except for one but that wasn’t till after lunch. We went from language arts, to biology, to geometry. Finally it was time for lunch

“Ugggg I HATE math!” I yelled.

“Ha-ha yeah. Me to but I hate bio more.” Sophia said.

We walked to the cafeteria.  Mac n cheese.  The only time I don’t pack a lunch. Sophia went and sat down as I got my food.

“So how are you doing?” Sophia asked. “About tomorrow? You’re always nervous about it.”

“Yeah I’m pretty nervous but since its Amya’s first year I’m TRYING to keep calm but it’s not working.