Chapter 5

It has been two days since that awkward day between me and Jacob. The past two days have been a bit weird. He's been staring at me and smiles a lot. I'm not sure what to make of his behavior but at least he's being nicer than he was when I first met him.

Today I was sitting at my desk and I was playing a game on my phone since I had no work to do. Out of nowhere, a hand comes and takes my phone and slams it on the table.

''What the hell?'' I yelled angrily. What the fuck was going on? I look up to see Jacob staring at me with his notrils flaring.

''What the hell do you think you're doing?! And you better watch that fucking tone miss.'' He hissed at me.

''Seeing as you left me no work to do, I decided to play on my phone.'' I said, still fuming. I was fucking pissed. I get that I'm not doing any work but that doesn't give him the right to just grab my phone from me and slam it on my desk! He could've just tapped my shoulder like a normal human being!

''I said watch your tone.''

''I wouldn't have to watch my tone if you weren't being so rude!'' I shot back. Honestly, at this point I didn't care anymore. I didn't care if he was my boss and if I got fired. I wasn't going to be disrespected at work like this.

''Who the hell do you think you're talking to?'' he bellowed.

I stood up from my seat and looked him straight in the eye before I said, ''You.''

That seemed to do the trick. He was speechless. His eyes held the look of shock and surprise. He opened his mouth for something to say but nothing came out. I put my hands on my hips and smirked. Suddenly he went back to his office and came out with 3 thick manila folders, and a icy smile on his lips. ''Here's something for you to get working on.'' He slammed the folders and my desk and leaned down to whisper in my ear. ''And don't you ever  talk to me like that. '' his warm breath hit my neck, making me shiver and feel goosebumps.

I huffed and sat down and went to work. I hate my job.

----------------------------

I went to school the following few days and it kept my mine off work but of course Saturday had to come up sooner or later. I was getting dressed in a black long-sleeved shirt and black leggings. I got a red flannel shirt and put it around it my curvy hips. I put some red lipstick on and my hipster circle shades. I had black Doc Martens on my feet and my hair was down in long soft waves down my back. I grabbed my bag and left the house.

I decided to eat breakfast at work so when I arrived I went straight for the mini-bar and got myself two sandwiches and a water bottle.

I went up the elevator and went straight to Jacob's office. I knocked twice before I heard a voice on the other side say, ''Come in.'' 

I opened the door and walked in on Jacob looking sexy as hell. I wasn't going to lie but my boss was fine, but then again as sure as he was good looking, he was rude too. He had on a light pink shirt with gray slacks and suit jacket. His green eyes stared at me and he motioned for me to sit down, his eyes never leaving my body. 

I sat down and put my hands on my lap, feeling a bit uncomfortable under his un-wavering gaze. ''What is it that you would like to talk about?'' he said, staring straight into my eyes.

I fought the urge to squirm in my seat and replied, ''I wanted to see if there was anything that I could do for you.'' 

He sat there for a minute or two, before he replied. ''No, not now. I'll let you know when you can be of some assistance.'' he said, as he waved his hand, signalling my dismissal.

--------

It was almost 6 o'clock and I was just getting ready to leave. Jacob hadn't called me in for anything so I decided to do my homework. Right when I put the last folder in my bag, Jacob's voice from from the doorway to his office. ''I need your help. Come in and have a seat.''

I put my bag on my desk and walked into his office and sat down. Jacob strolled to his desk and sat on his chair, leaning back, taking a long good look at me.

''Well, what can I help you with?'' I said. I hoped it wasn't any paperwork.

''Well since I completely reformatted the company, we have new customers and new homes to sell. I want to have an 'Open House' where buyers come to a home and check it out and then bid on it. I'd like to make it some sort of party type thing where the buyers can have a good time. I wanna do them once a month or so. We can also show buyers other properties that they can purchase through us. It's sort of like a networking thing you know?'' He stopped talking and looked at me and I nodded.

''Well anyways, I talked to my father about it and he thinks it's a great idea but I have no idea how to organize events like this, which is when he told me that you're really good at event planning and hospitality. Since you don't do much around here anyways, I'm giving you the task of planning the first one. If it all works out then I don't mind possibly having more of these little parties.

''Sure, of course! I'd love to! When is the party? When would you like me to get started on things?'' I was so excited! This was finally a chance to prove my skills and what I was good at. 

''The party is in a month, so I think you have plenty of time to get ready.'' He said nonchantly.

My jaw dropped. Was this guy serious or was this some type of joke? 

''A month?'' I asked incredulously.

''Yes, is that a problem or something?'' he asked, slightly annoyed.

''It's just that I need more time. I have so much going on like school, and then I'd have to rent a place, then get caterers for food, and furnishings, and - '' I was silenced by Jacob putting his hand up.

''Listen, I'll take care of renting the place so don't worry about that. And I'll call your teachers at your school to have them lessen or possible stop the work for a while so you can focus on this. They'll be giving you the credit for the assignments if  the party is a success.''

It still wasn't enough time but I wasn't going to argue. This is my chance to start over on a good note with this man and I wasn't going to whine and complain. Besides, in the real world it'll be much harder than this.

''Okay, I'll start tomorrow. Is there anything you'd like in particular?'' I asked.

''I'll have my requirements on your desk tomorrow morning.'' He abrubtly sat up and his gaze went back to his computer screen. I sat there for a moment analyzing his profile and admiring his chiselled jawline before I heard his throat clear. 

''Is there anything else you need Ms.Graham?'' He said, his perfect eyebrow arching and a small smile tugging on his lips. I could tell he wanted to smirk.

''Uh, no sorry. Goodnight Mr.Edwards.'' 

He nodded and then looked back, concentrating on his screen. I got up and went to the door, closing it softly behind me. 

---

A/N; Hi guys! Thank you guys so much for 1.2K reads! It means so much that so many people read this story! Please check out my other story ''Conflict of Interest'' ! 

If you guys VOTE AND COMMENT I'll update faster!

Question of the Chapter; Do you think Madison will plan the party successfully? 

REMEMBER CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOK AND VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I LOVE YOU ALL!

ALSO PLEASE FOLLOW ME AS WELL!