Chapter 2

PICTURE OF JACOB TO THE SIDE :)

-----------------------------

After my lunch with April I went home to study for a test. Being a senior in college was really difficult when you had a job. Since I was in college I lived with my mother. My dad died when I was really young. Living with my mom while in college was one of the best decisions I've made. While many people in college want to get away from their parents, living with them saves you so much money. I don't pay any bills, I don't pay rent, my mom makes breakfast for me most of the time and she also does the laundry. I have my own room, and all I do is  clean it, do homework and study.

''Mom I'm home!'' I yelled as I locked the door. I didn't hear her respond so that meant that she wans't home so I just went to my room. Our house isn't that big. It only has two bedrooms and one bathroom. We have a tiny kitchen and our living and dining room is basically the same thing. It's not a mansion but it's home.

I sat on my small bed and took out all my studying supplies. I laid them around me and picked up my science textbook, my science notebook and a bright green pen and began outlining and taking notes.

------------

By the time I was finished with my studying, I had already taken a shower and made myself something to eat. It was 8:15 and I was sitting on the couch indulging in vanilla icecream, when my mom came home from work. 

''Hey baby, how was your day?'' she asked as she gave me a hug.

''It was alright. I had an interesting conversation with my soon to be boss and I met up with April today for lunch.''

''Interesting?'' my mom asked.

I explained to her what was going on at work, Lawrence leaving, his son taking over and the phone call.

''That jerk is going to be your boss?'' she looked shocked.

''Yes I know right! If he's rude on the phone, imagine how rude he'll be in person. I can't wait until I finish the stupid internship and get on with my life.'' I groaned. I wanted to be an event planner when I finished college and the only place I could intern was at Lawrence's company. It wasn't a bad job but now I'm unhappy but I can't do anything about it. His son was going to be my boss and I needed those credits. 

''It's your last year in college baby. You have less than a year left interning. Then you'll be off on your career. Just hang in there Maddie.'' my mom said.

My mom always saw the bright side of any situation. Me on the other hand, I'd always worry and stress about tomorrow. Tired of talking about my stupid internship, I changed the subject.

''So what happened at the hospital?'' My mom was a nurse at a nearby hospital and you wouldn't believe the crazy people that show up there.

My mom began talking about her job and we both got lost laughing about crackheads arguing with an overweight woman about a bag of chips.

-------------------

I woke up the next day feeling refreshed. I took a shower and got dressed in a white long sleeve button down shirt and a short black skirt and headed to work. Today was Sunday so I had no classes which meant I worked all day. 

I arrived at work around 10:00 and went to my little cubicle and began making phone calls to set up the banquet for Lawrence's son Jacob. By the time I had everything ordered and all the arrangements done it was 12:00 and it time for my lunch break. I texted April and we both agreed to meet up at this new burger joint called 'Burger Fi'. 

We had lunch and April talked about her internship at fashion magazine. April was studying to be a fashion editor and she interned at the Atlanta Teen Vogue office. I was absolutely jealous of her. She got to deal with cute clothes and pretty models while I just sit and run errands and make phone calls to rude jerks.

After we finished lunch I went back to the office and went to Lawrence's office to see if I could do anything for him. 

As I got nearer to his office I heard two voices arguing loudly inside. Without thinking I opened the door and was faced with the most beautiful pair of green eyes I'd ever seen. 

-----------------------

A/N; Sorry if it's a short chapter. I know it's a bit boring but I really wanted to spice it up with a cliffhanger lol. Please continue to vote and comment! 

Question of the Chapter; What do you think will happen next?