Their Daughter Chapter 16

~Chapter 16~

October 20th, 2012

24 days until total Solar Eclipse

*Ember's POV*

"Gabriel!" I screamed, "I can't find them anywhere! It's been a full day, where could they be?"

"I don't know Ember, but we're just going to have to trust that they show up," he said calmly.

"That's my brother and my best friend you're talking about! I think I have a right to worry." I stated.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean we can do anything about it, so let's just sit down and talk." He replied.

I looked around the room slowly, noting the blue couch he sat on in the middle of the family room of the house we had been 'borrowing' for the duration of our training. The house was pretty homey; you couldn't even tell that no one had lived here before us for years.

"Talk about what," I asked.

"How about strategy?" he suggested.

"What strategy? We're just going practice all we can, then we're going to go to the fight, try not to die and let Erizel rampage around until the fight is over. And it's not like you could even help, you can't go against your orders from the big man and fight against your own people." I said exasperated.

"Well... We could at least practice a bit more. I don't know what I would do if you got hurt," he muttered under his breath.

"What did you say?" I questioned.

"Nothing," he answered.

"That didn't sound like nothing. What do you mean you don't know what you would do if I got hurt?!?!" I exclaimed.

"Exactly that. I just don't know what I would do. I don't want you to get hurt." He said with a shy look on his face.

He walked up to me slowly and pushed my long blond hair off of my cheek. I blushed deeply.

"So beautiful..." he muttered, leaning in toward me.

My eyes slowly slid closed. I could feel him getting closer to me, his breath brushing up against my face.

"We're back! And we have something to tell you!" Erizel shouted, slamming the door open.

Gabriel jumped away from me and was on the other side of the room before Erizel even finished her sentence. I looked at her exasperated and sighed.

"This better be good!" I whisper yelled at her.

"Oh it is, trust me!" she whisper yelled back.

*Gabriel's POV*

I stared at Erizel and Ember with their heads together. Those two have barely known each other for more than a week and yet they act like sisters. It's just ridiculous. I was just about to get somewhere, anywhere, with Ember and Erizel and Shade have to come barging in.

"What are they talking about?" Shade asked me as he crossed the room to lean against the window.

"I wish I knew," I answered, looking past him and out the window.

The sun was just rising, it would soon be morning.

"OHMYGOSH!" Erizel shouted.

"What?!?!" Shade asked, rushing over to her.

"I haven't eaten in forever!" she complained, "I'm starving!'

"I'll make you something," I offered. "Why don't you all have a seat at the table, we can talk strategy over a meal."

"Sure," they all agreed, heading into the kitchen.

~~

I set down three plates, one in front of each of them, before grabbing my own and sitting down.

"Dig in," I said, taking a bite of my omelet.

Everyone attacked their food. Erizel practically inhaled hers in almost a minute.

"Mmmm that was good," she said as she rubbed her stomach, satisfied.

"I'm glad you liked it," I said, still eating, "so what's the plan Erizel, considering you're the only one who could really do any damage to either army."

"Well I really don't know," she answered.

"And wait! What were you doing in the forest yesterday?" I questioned.

"I have no idea what you're talking about!" she said, looking distractedly over her shoulder.

I watched her tuck her hair behind her ear, something shinny catching my eye.

"What's that on your neck...?" I asked slowly.

"Nothing!" she half shouted back at me.

"Eri!" Shade shouted, pulling her hair away from her neck.

"What is that?!?" Ember screamed.

"A uhm... a...." Erizel stuttered.

"Oh my Lord... that's a regnum mark..." I exhaled in shock.

How could this be...?