You were everything to me, and now you're gone.

***Maya's POV***

Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. I repeated that in my head a million times, hoping it'll  help me get over him.

Thoughts were running wild through my head. All the whys, the hows just wasn't answered.

All memories of us flowed through my head, the first time we met, the first move, the first kiss, the first date. Oh! how perfect it all seemed!

Relationships are sugar coated evil, we all get sucked into it.

"Maya stop thinking about him. It's over" Ally's tone wasn't too comforting.

"You don't have to say it that way", tears took control.

I just needed to be alone. I hurriedly walked up, to my room and shut the door and slid onto the floor and cried my heart out.

"I'm sorry, but you know thinking about it and crying isn't going to change anything" Ally said while she knocked the door.

I wasn't in a state to respond.

"Do you wanna go out? or watch a movie or something?" she was trying but I didn't want anything.

The bell rang and I could her the noise of footsteps fading away.

The memories of us didn't stop haunting me. I pulled my knees closer to my chest and sobbed.

And the knocking started again. "Maya! someone is here to see you" Ally excitedly said.

Could it be Jeremiah? Will he make things better, so that we can live happily ever after?.

I immediately stood up and went downstairs to find Jake.

I wanted to kill myself!

"Hey! I brought you some vanilla ice cream and movies!" he smiled sympathetically.

"Oh ok", was all that I could say.

"Listen, Jer is going through a phase or something. You should let it go. Maybe he'll get out of it, maybe he won't, Ally and I are here for you!" he smiled at Ally and she blushed.

"ok", I didn't know how to respond to that.

Both of them walked up to me and hugged me. More like squashed me.

"You know we love you, Maya" she said, holding my cheeks.

We? I hardly know Jake.

"Yeah! I'm going to sleep things off. You have fun" I said, turning away.

"Are you sure? Do  you wanna watch a movie instead? Mays?"

"Nah! I want to sleep." I didn't turn back.

My room just seemed empty. I felt empty. There is not one thing that doesn't remind me of him.

I sighed as I jumped onto the bed.

I rolled around trying to stop thinking about it and trying to sleep.

It's like the universe is against me. Like the gods concluded their discussion or whatever by saying "We are going to take Maya and play the fool with her life. We'll make her work hard to get a boyfriend and then make him break up with her and then we won't let her sleep and then she'll die".

I gave up and lay on my back staring at the ceiling.

After a lot of sighs and cries. My body gave up and I drifted into deep slumber.

**Jake's POV**

I got a message from Allanah that said 'Hey! dealing with a crisis, can't make it to your party. Sorry :/'

I can't say it didn't upset me but I quickly replied saying 'I hope everything is alright. I'll miss you'

I hard tons of work to do before the party starts.

I went to the club to check if all was well and everyone was present.

I walked in and everyone was running around, getting everything ready to go.

This was the first event I got to manage and I couldn't let anyone screw up.

I walked up to the bouncers and gave them the guest list and all the stamps and coupons they required.

It turned 7p.m and I knew people were going to start entering. Final touches and we were good to go.

Later that evening, I walked out the door, to get some air.

"Hey man! How's it going?".

It took me a while to speak but I finally said "Doesn't the crowd say it all?".

I frowned at the sight of Jeremiah with a whole bunch of strangers.

"Yeah! it's packed. Meet my friend Leah." he held her waist as he said that.

Where's Maya?

I just smiled back and walked away.

Now I know why Allanah couldn't make it.

I walked out towards the car park when I just decided that trying to help Maya out would mean I get to spend time with Allanah.

I bought all the girly comfort food and some movies.

Here goes to trying to help the friend, to get the girl.

**Author's note**

Hey! Do you think Maya can get over Jer? Do you actually think Jake's plan is going to work? Let me know if I should write from Jermiah's point of view.

I would like to apologized for picking Jeremiah to be the bad guy.

Vote, share, follow and comment. :)

Love,

Tracelfernandez. <3