'Help'

I wake up to Micah shaking my shoulder.

"Come on. We're here." he said helping me out of the car. I look up at the house and again, it's not what I was expecting. It was just a regular two story house and not some extravagant mansion. It's still pretty big compared to what I'm used to though.

"Ya know, I was expecting a mansion. But this is so much better." I said.

"I had a mansion, but it was just me living in it, so I moved."

I'm just noticing that it's dark. "What the hell? How long did it take us to get here?"

"About forty minutes. But it as almost eight when we left." He explained.

"Oh." We make our way to the door, but it opens before we even got close to it. An older man steps into the doorway.

"Good evening, Master Vaughn, madam." He greets.

"Evening Richard. This is Malia White, she will be staying with us for a while."

"Very good Master Vaughn. Shall I prepare a room for her sir?"

"Yes Richard, thank you." The old man bowed and went to start on the room.

"I see not having a mansion didn't stop you from having 'help'. I said jokingly. He chuckled.

"I don't have 'help'. Richard is the only one. He's been serving my family since before I was born. I had maids and things in the mansion, but I let them all go when I sold it. Richard just refused to leave."

"Oh no. What happened to everybody else now that they don't work for you?"

"Most of them do still work for me. If they were qualified I gave them a job at Vaughn&Co. if not then I gave them good recommendations for other places."

"Well that was quite generous of you." I exclaimed. "You are just full of surprises."

"How so Miss. White?" I gave him an irritated look, but continued to speak.

"Well, first you're not mean to me. And second you're a huge CEO, but you don't live like it. You're not cocky or anything like that. You're turning out to be pretty cool."

"Uh... Thank you? You're one of the first people to say that to me. I am a bit of a brute to everyone in the world except my parents and Richard. And pregnant women... I have a very soft spot for pregnant women."

"Well aren't I lucky." I say sarcastically. "So what would you have done to me had I not been pregnant?"

"I would have gotten my information and just let you stay at the apartment."

"Now I regret telling you." I said, crossing arms.

"Yes, but you would had died had you not."

I opened my mouth to reply but then Richard entered.

"Your room Miss. White."

"Please. Malia is fine. And thank you so much." I go to follow Richard out of the room when Micah stops me.

"Miss. White?"

"Yes Mr. Vaughn?"

"Please come and find me after you are situated."

"Yes sir." I say and turn to follow Richard to my room.

Just a little something... I'm terrible at updating. Hope you enjoy.

Don't forget to...
Vote ⭐️
Comment 💬
Share ➡️

❤️ Thanks