Underdog Chapter 17

My alarm clock went off waking me from a very strange dream of a yin and yang fish, a whale and an angle fish all having a wonderful conversation about the whereabouts of Nemo.

My alarm clock went off so I turned it off. Suddenly my phone vibrated. It was Sonny. I answered it right away.

"Hello." He said. He voice was heavy with sleep.

"Hello." I smiled. "Did you set your alarm clock to match mine?" I asked.

"Yes." He chuckled.

"Wow." I said.

"Can I come over? I want to make you breakfast."

"Sure." I smiled again at his sweetness.

"Okay I'll be there in thirty." He said. "I love you."

Everything inside me became jelly.

***

After we hung up I took a shower. I quickly dressed and right when I exited the shower the doorbell rang. It was Saturday so my mom was at the school again.

I opened the door for Sonny. He was in a washed out jeans and white tshirt. The sun reflected off his aviator glasses and lightened his dark hair.

"Goodmorning." He smirked.

"Goodmorning," I said back. "Come in."

I widened the door for him to enter. When we entered the kitchen I asked, "So, what's for breakfast?"

"You're favorite. Timthumb and bacon." He caressed my face.

"Mmmm. I can't wait." I smiled. "I'll be right back."

I ran to my room to get my phone and saw that I had missed calls from Sam. I immediately called her back.

"What the heck?" She answered.

"What the heck, what?" I said.

"Do you know what time and day it is?"

I racked through my brain and mentally ran over it for forgetting. Today, Sam and I were supposed to go out dress shopping for graduation.

"Shoot. I'm sorry. I'll be there in fifteen minutes." I said while running down the stairs.

She sighed. "Hurry up. The driver's here."

"Okay. I'll have Sonny drive me there in a few."

"Sonny? You're with Sonny?" She scoffed. "Well, no wonder you forgot."

"I'm sorry!" I begged I walked to the kitchen. "I'll be there in a few."

"Okay." She laughed.

"What's up?" He said already cooking the egg and the bacon.

"I was supposed to meet Sam half an hour ago. And I forgot."

He grinned. "My apologies for keeping you." He put his palms up.

"Do me a favor?" I asked snaking my arm around his waist. "Can you drive me to Sam's?"

He finished up the egg and bacon and put it on a plate for both of us. "Eat first." He compromised.

"Thank you! I'm starving!" I quickly took it from his hand. He followed me to the table and together ate the fancily cooked sunnyside up. It was delicious.

****

Sonny dropped me off at Sam's and after saying our secret goodbyes consisting of our goodbye kiss and promises to see each other again, I was off to the waiting Sam.