Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Scarlett's Point of View

Song: Learn to Love Again by Lawson

I didn't know what to say. I actually wasn't sure what to do. My eyes went from his signage to him. He had a slight smirk on like he was happy for once this evening to have the upper hand on me.

I opened my mouth, and then shut it not sure what to say. I had just told him I was still Scarlett Shaw till he signed that piece of paper making me Scarlett Chambers. And what does he go and do- he signs it!

I glanced back at the elevator. Maybe it was still a good idea to leave tonight.

"Um I think," I looked back at him "It's still a good idea I go and give you a night to think about it."

He shook his head. "Nah doesn't work like that. You're my wife now. You are home." He placed the piece of paper down on the coffee table along with all the other paper work. "So you going to step away from the elevator now?"

Ok. I was not prepared for this. I expected him to need time. You know to think about it before diving into a marriage.

"You want something to drink?" he asked, slowly backing back to his drink cart, but his eyes still on me. Like he was scared I would bolt for the elevator as soon as he turned his back.

I sighed and slowly walked towards him. I had told him I was his when he signed that piece of paper. "No to be honest I'm still hung over from last night."

"Big night out?"

I scoffed. "More like in." I stepped down into his sunken lounge. "You sure you want me to stay, you don't know me."

His back was to me now, he was pouring himself a drink. "Yet you are now my wife." He turned around and walked towards me handing me a glass of water. "So how tired are you?"

I frowned just slightly at that question. "I don't know. More drained than tired." I took the water. To be honest I didn't realize I was thirsty till he handed it to me. "Why?"

"Well we should get to know each other." He sat down, "At least the basics. Unless you are too tired and want to go to bed. Then we can do it another day. Sooner than later though, cause I need to know more about you if I'm going to lie to my friends and family that I've married you."

"Sorry." I looked down at my glass.

"For?"

I didn't look up. "For making you lie to the ones you love."

"You are going to do the same thing."

I nodded my head. He didn't realize I lied every day to the ones that are meant to love me. I lied about being okay. I lied about being healthy. I just lied. I somehow kept this front up that I was together. The way I justified what I did, was by my work.

I felt like I gave back with my work.

It was the purpose to my life. It got me out of bed. Cause my clients and patients counted on me.

Last night I forgot that, thinking no one needed me. Then I look at me phone and I have teenagers and their parents counting on me. Counting on me being back at work. Counting on me picking up their phone calls.

"So what do you want to know?" I finally said and looked up. I knew a time would come where I had to tell him I had bipolar. But I would hide it from him, till that day came.

His eyes were on me, and I felt uncomfortable with the look he was giving me- as if I was some sort of puzzle. I wasn't a puzzle I was a black and white picture- simple to understand.