[85]

third person POV
cindy's heart was pounding out of her chest. tonight is the night she'll see shawn for the first time in forever, well since they broke up. she was still heartbroken but she wasn't just here to support him but her brother. this was their biggest crowd yet. cindy walked in with her cute little outfit appropriate for the festival. she wore a cute little crop top with black shorts and a decorative bandana belted into the shorts. she was nervous for people to recognize her, but i mean she did confirm she was at rio. this was the first time in a long time she's had outside interactions with strangers, this is the first time she's left the house after 4 months of the break up. this is where it got her, falling in love with her best friend and loving him more than she's loved anyone; it left her heartbroken. this is what cindy wanted to prevent when she and shawn entered a relationship more than their friendship.

she was doing her make up, applying a light foundation and her signature red lips. cindy stared at herself in the mirror, looking at the person she has become. after all of this overwhelming event there was a lot that changed, her attitude and morals. cindy couldn't recognize herself anymore, she didn't know who she was. all she knew was the man that she truly loves destroyed her in a way that she couldn't imagine. but seems as if he's moved on, not to someone but he has forgotten about her and all the memories there were between them. she felt a hint of sadness and disappointment that she's let their relationship turn into this. she blames herself of why they broke up, and after that she should've tried. cindy had changed, smoking was a thing she did once or twice in a month and she knows where this could lead her, death. but she knew that she had a life to live, she wanted to explore the world and to have nothing holding her back. the cindy that she knew was independent and can hackle herself. but this one, the one that she was staring at, she, she was different in so many ways.
cindy and brodie got to tue event, trading in their tickets for wristbands. going to the front where they have a good view of all those who'd be performing. cindy tapped her foot impatiently as she waited for all the other to get her and for the band to set foot on the stage.
"welcoming to this night, our first performer, Shawn Mendes." as they announced his name the crown roared and cindy's heart was beating, beating like they were still together. the beat of his song, there's nothing holdin me back played. cindy remembered this and how he sang it for her the day he finished the lyrics and how he told her that she was the inspiration to all of it. cindy's eyes began tearing up, as she closed her eyes one tear fell  and soon the others followed; she had told herself she wouldn't do this, not i public. as the song comes on an end she rushed towards the bathroom, looking herself in the mirror and wiping her tears. brodie had followed her to the bathroom, making sure she was alright.
"hey babes, are you alright?" brodie concerns.
"yea i'm fine" cindy croaks, but they both knew she wasn't. brodie didn't want to force cindy into telling her anything so she just let it go for now. they had now went back to their spot and shawn was still on.
"this is for all of the people out there, going through a hard time. this song was written when i was going through something in my life and it's helped me and i saw the impact it had on my fans, here goes ''a little too much'." he starts strumming his guitar. shawn looks over the crowd, scanning for familiar faces as it hits cindy's face. his smile fades as he continues singing the lyrics. all the pain washed over him as he dawned on what happened over the last few months. he wanted cindy, he really did but it just didn't work. 'maybe the universe puts us together  to teach us pain and pleasure' he thought. although he wasn't necessarily wrong but the events that lead up to their downfall was their past. shawn knew cindy was a strong woman and she was gunna get over this, no matter what.
both of them knew that yes they were gunna be times that they'd have to be together but maybe this relationship just wasn't meant to be.

***
hey babes this is the end of instagram, ik it's been forever since i've updated but if you want another extra part pls do comment.
i love you all sm xx