Chapter 29: Flesh

Hihihihihihihihihihihihi. MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 5 DAYS! (OCTOBER 7TH)

If you could ever so kindly spread my work to your friends and social media, I would be forever grateful! <3

(Song above is so FADE it's not even funny.)

Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat: katrocks247

* * *

*casually displays fan art for Death and Faith

*casually displays fan art for Death and Faith. Created by Anakoci93 on Instagram*

* * *

 "You're playing with your lip again," Death's muttered bitterly from a dozen feet away. We were situated on the floor of his large book room, him cross-legged on the bare floor and me cross-legged on a plush grey pillow.

"Focus," Death said, without looking at me. "And close your eyes."

I closed them, yawned. Opened them thirty seconds later and adjusted the pillow beneath me.

"Faith, for fuck's sake," Death growled out, "just stay concentrated for two minutes."

"No offence, but this is a waste of my time. I'd rather do the exercise you taught me a while ago with the vase, or hell, combat some more. I feel like I was really going somewhere with both of those."

"Did I say you could open your eyes?"

I honed in on his face, studying his sealed eyes from across the room. "How do you know my eyes are open?"

A shrug. "I know everything."

I shut my eyes, but not before rolling them, first.

"We've both seen what you're capable of," Death began, and I noticed his voice was slightly different once I couldn't see him. "At least observe the feelings within you and let them go."

I let out a frustrated breath. "Whatever that means," I muttered.

"You're a very stubborn girl, Faith." Even with my eyes closed, I knew he was shaking his head. "You need to learn to go through the motions, instead of always attaching yourself to every emotion you feel."

"It's sounds like you just want me to be detached like you."

"Wouldn't be too terrible. At least then you'd be less of a brat."

"Oh, please. As if you're not obnoxious. Maybe you haven't noticed, but I'm not unhinged like you are. I feel things."

His hearty laugh made my cheeks burn. "Back to meditating, cupcake. Who knows, you might discover there's one thing holding you back from fully controlling this power. Like your period. Or your virginity."