Chapter 3: Chanel Cloaks and Pink Frosted Donuts

Check out the Death Is My BFFLAD trailer attached to this chapter. ;) 

xoxo

* * *

I woke up to endless darkness, except for a thin line of yellow light under a door. How long had I been asleep? I had no sense of time, what day of the week it was, and most importantly, where the hell I was.

This room was cold and lifeless.

Memories rushed back at me in fragments. I had flashes of Death's true form, the exorcism, and the power that had burst from my hands. Unease settled in my chest and I squeezed the thick comforter beneath me.

Where am I?

Suddenly I felt the bed shift next to me, dipping the bed, and warmth radiated the air. Something had been lying on the bed next to me. Whatever this creature was, it was too small to be a person and too big to be a cat. I faced my fears and reached out with a tentative hand. My fingers pressed against velvety, short hair. When I flatted my palm against its body, I felt muscle twitch against my touch. It snorted and a wet nose pressed against my arm and nuzzled. Sniff. Sniff. Sniff. It then licked me with a coarse tongue and my pulse rocketed because that act reminded me of Death's...beast form.

But this was no Death. This was just a dog.

"Hey, little guy. Aren't you affectionate..." My fingers pet it behind its pointy ears and suddenly, two big fiery red eyes burst through the darkness in front of me.

"Neerggghhhhhffff!"

I screamed and recoiled away from the creature, racing through the darkness towards the crack of light under the door. The door was locked and when I frantically felt the handle, there was no visible lock. I banged on the door a few times, screaming, and then felt around the wall and flipped a switch. There was a touch screen a little above my eye level. I touched it and it burst to life. D & S Security, the screen read. I was still in Hell. I clicked the screen again and the title shrunk into a keypad. It wanted a password that I clearly didn't know.

I was a prisoner.

I banged on the door. "Let me out of here! Death! DEATH! Somebody better get me out of here right now! This isn't funny! I'm.... I'm...uh, I'm on my period! Yeah, so get me out of here! I'm bleeding all over the Egyptian cotton and the nice waxed furniture!" Rage overtook me and I rapidly tugged on the door handle. "DEEEEAAATH, IF YOU DON'T LET ME OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW, THEN SO HELP ME GOD, I WILL KILL YOU! I WILL MAKE YOU DEADER THAN YOU ALREADY ARE! THAT'S JUST HOW HARD I'M GOING TO KILL YOU! I'LL–I'LL DOUBLE KILL YOU!"

"Neerggghhhhhffff!"

I spun around with my heart in my throat. There was now a glow of light over the modern, black and grey themed room. The room was too simple as if it was a display room for a furniture store that had yet to be decorated. My eye fell on the empty Queen-sized bed with ruffled comforters. It was empty. Eventually, once my heart slowed down, I mustered up the courage to walk around the bed.

No red eyes. No creature. Just me, myself, and I. At that moment, there was a lot I would I have done for a warm hug from my dad and a home cooked meal from my mom. But the fact of the matter was that my family's life was endangered with me in it. My mind skirted to my aunt Sarah. Apparently she and Lucifer had bonded, whatever that meant. Was she stuck with Devin like I was about to be stuck with Death? I'd learned that she, and her horrible boyfriend, Andrew were demon hunters. Aunt Sarah had the Book of the Dead and now Ahrimad was looking for it. I imagined that Lucifer would want his hands on it, too, considering it was apparently the most ancient and powerful scripture to ever exist. Talk about a bestseller.