Chapter 2~Ice Cream

Chapter 2---Ice Cream
*Sofie's P.O.V.*

"You good to go?" Michelle asked, slipping her shoes on while David went out to the car.

"Yep! I'm sure we'll have fun!" I assured. I just got over here five minutes ago.

"Alright, well bye Aaliyah. I love you." She said, giving her daughter a kiss on the forehead.

"See you tomorrow!" I said, waving as Michelle shut the door behind her.

"Let's eat!" Aaliyah cheered, sitting up at the table.

I poured us each a glass of milk and brought two plates to the table. The pizza was cheese, which turned out to be both of our favorites. During supper, we got to know each other with questions from our favorite color to how school was going. When we had finished eating, we decided to paint our nails.

"How about we make this a pajama party and change before we paint nails?" I suggested, putting our dishes in the sink.

"Yeah!" Aaliyah exclaimed, running to her room to change.

I grabbed my bag and went into the bathroom. After throwing my hair up into a messy ponytail, I took off my dirty airplane clothes and put on my St.Louis Cardinals plaid pajama shorts with a white cami tank-top. The shorts were a little bit too short, but it's not like there would be any guys around. It was safe to say that my cami showed a little bit of skin above my short's waistband and borderline too much cleavage, but at least I brought a sweatshirt in case I'm uncomfortable.

When I walked out of the bathroom and into Aaliyah's room, she had all her nail polish bottles spread out on the floor with some paper towels and nail polish remover.
"Ready?" She smiled, looking up at me excitedly.

"Yep! What color do you want?" I asked, sitting down next to her criss-cross applesauce style. (aka Indian style)

"Can I have all my nails blue and my ring finger nails yellow?" Aaliyah said.

"Sure thing! Here, let me play some music on my phone." I said, tapping shuffle on my songs. Just then, We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus came on. As we listened to music and painted nails, she asked me some questions and vice versa.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" She asked.

"No! I'm only 15 silly." I laughed.

"But you're so pretty! I wish I had long hair like yours. Does your dad not want you to date?" Aaliyah smiled.

"He said I can date when I'm 16, but I don't turn 16 until December 22." I said, running my hand through my ponytail that went down to maybe an inch and a half above my waistband.

"Shawn has never had a girlfriend either." She said, but before I could respond, I ran into the living room because I heard the front door open and close.

"Don't worry Sofie, it's just Shawn!" Aaliyah called after me, running down the hall behind me.

I was so panicked that I thought a murderer broke in or something. When I got to the living room, I stopped dead in my tracks. This amazingly attractive guy was staring back at me. His hair was so brown and fluffy; I could hardly make myself look away from the pools of chocolate in his eyes. I heard shouts coming from the kitchen and lots of chewing, but I didn't care to look. They were probably just eating the rest of the pizza. I looked down and completely forgot what I was wearing. Well this is awkward...

"Hi. I completely forgot that my parents were out." The boy said.

"Your S-Shawn?" I stuttered, mentally slapping myself for thinking that 'Shawn' was a little kid.