Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Mother used the brush to hit me over and over again. Then I felt the anger overtake my body. I turned and grabbed a hold of her hand so forcefully I hear the splintering and shattering of her bones. She screamed out in pain and dropped the brush.

“Do not hit me again” I said to her and it was then that the smell of her blood hit me. I looked down at my hand where her shattered bone had ripped through her skin. The smell was so sweet, the iron scent of it mixed with something else.

It was so tangible I felt my teeth elongate. Before that she would bring me small rodents to feed on or at times when she would allow me to venture outside. She would let me feed on deer or bears. Whatever large animal crossed my path. But I was always so fast. They did not even see me coming.

But the smell of this blood was intoxicating. I could feel my taste buds tingle at the thought of me sinking my teeth and feeding off it. Through this whole internal battle mother was screaming her head off. It got to the point the battle was over. I needed to be free and that was all that mattered. If gaining my freedom meant she would die. So be it, I thought as I brought her arm to my mouth and sucked. She flailed and screamed but I was strong and it seemed I was getting stronger by the second as I consumed every drop I could.

There was no comparison between her blood and that of the rodents I had feasted on my whole life. No, none at all, I felt like I was gaining power, strength. I would be lying if I didn’t say I could literally feel myself grow.

But that was when it started. I started to get images of her life. They started from her childhood. Images of her family and then they rapidly sped up to images of a woman and I could feel the envy and hate she had for her.

I saw how her baby girl was born dead and how the other woman had a baby girl also not long after. I saw mother conspire to steal that woman’s baby. I saw her put the lifeless body of her child on the floor of the room where the other woman slept. She took the other little baby girl.

I heard her tell the towns people about the birth of the baby. How they went to that other woman and as she watched from the window outside. She witnessed them take that woman apart with no mercy. The next image was her cradling the baby in her arms as she looked at her and walked to her cellar. “You are, mine now. You may be an abomination. But now I have something to show my husband, so he does not leave me. You are the product of evil. So it fits it was you that made your mother die.

I will name you Satanika, because you are the child of Satan. I wonder if you will need blood to live, also.”

It was then that I pushed away from her body and was shaking. From fear, anger, and hurt. So she was not my mother, she had my mother killed. I could still feel the faintest of heart beats. But I wanted to kill her, make her suffer. I yanked at the chains holding me captive. With the human blood in my body my strength was immense and the chains broke away freeing me.

I turned to look at her. “The sun will go down soon. Then I will bury you alive. I hope you awaken and see where you will die” I said as I kicked her and made my way upstairs. I sat on the floor and bent my legs to my chest rocking back and forth.

I closed my eyes and saw the woman, my real mother. She would have loved me and not treated me bad. But what of my father? I played back the images and found where he had come and killed those who hurt my mom.

I don’t know how long I sat there lost in thought. But when I got up, I saw I truly had grown I looked like a 10 year old now. Maybe the human blood does different things to your body. I know I feel stronger and better then I have in all my short life.

I went downstairs to grab the bitch. I fisted her hair in one hand and dragged her to the back of the house. I quickly dug a hole and threw her no good carcass in. “I’m sorry I can’t say it’s been fun. But I hope you rot in hell” I say as I through the dirt over her body.

I sat on the ground contemplating what I would do. A rat passed by my feet and without thinking I grabbed it and sank my teeth in it. Just as quickly as I grabbed it. I spit the blood out. Seems I have been spoiled by human blood. I smiled.

It was then that I saw the hand come up out of the ground. I jumped up scared. I watched in horror as mother climbed out of the hole. “You little bitch you killed me and turned me into an abomination like you.”

I was in awe. Could I really do that? She came at me and grabbed me by the hair. I was really pissed again and grabbed her throat. Her strength was no match for me. I smiled up at her since I literally had her in the air. “Let’s see how you like being chained up.” I say as I drag her to the cellar.

I tied her the same way she had me tied for many years. I didn’t want to talk to her or even look at her for that matter. All I needed to know I had gotten from the bite. So the moment the sun arose again. I went down to the cellar. Standing where I knew I would be safe. I looked at the bitch. “Burn in hell” I said as I took out the window and saw her body go up in flames.

No one will miss her. Her husband had run out on her years ago. That was why I ended up locked in the cellar.

End Flashback

“Satanika we’re hungry, hurry up so we can feast.” Tamara said and I turned to look at her.

“Well let’s not keep our guests waiting then. Such a rude hostess I have been.” I got up and made my way down stairs. Stupid, stupid fools, out of everyone her. Over 50 people if not more, only 2 or 3 may make my cut.  

……………………………………………………………………………………

Well what do we think of Re-Birth’s daughter?