Chapter 13

Jake on the side --->

Chapter 13

Lea's POV

"It is not the strongest of the species thatsurvives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change"
— Charles Darwin 

When we got out of the plane the sun was shining and the wind was warm. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach starting to explode and I was starting to feel a little nervous about meeting them all again.

"So where to first?" Lizzie asked when we were all out of the plain heading to get the luggage. We had sent most of our things over a few days ago, but we took with us what we were allowed in weight on the plane.

"Home. I'm so hungry I want to get some food. Besides I want to see Nate and Maggie first." I said looking for my bag, trying to figure out if it was our planes luggage, which was rolling in front of us. What was our plain number again?

"Trust me we know you're hungry." Leo said rolling his eyes. "So where are we going to sleep tonight and untill we find a place?" Leo asked catching a glimpse of his bag running over to take it.

"Well it wasn't my fault you two wouldn't let me eat anything in the airport. But Lizzie and I are going to share my room and you will have the caught in the living room. I hope that's okay it's not the biggest apartment but it's a really good one." I said finally seeing my bag as well going over to grab it. "So now that we all have our bags shall we go?"

We walked out of the airport to find a cap to drive us home. As we drove through the city I looked out at all the familiar places and couldn't believe it was three years since I left this place, since I was here last time. It seemed so unreal. I'm used to moving around, or I was until Dana adopted me six years ago. Back then I wouldn't have thought that I would have a place that felt like a childhood home, but now, in this moment, it really felt like it.

When we pulled up in front of my old apartment my heart was beating really fast. This was it, I was finally going to see Nate and Maggie again, I couldn't believe it. We stepped out of the car and Lizzie and Leo let me walk in front, they knew I was nervous and they would give me some space to meet my friends again. I walked up and knocked on the door, I had a key it's just more polite to knock now when I haven't been home for the last three years. When the door opened it was Nate standing there. He had grown that was clear. He had become taller, gotten more mussels and his face had gotten more edge. I couldn't help but smile really big when I saw him. I was just about to give him a really big hug when I saw his puzzled face.

"Can I help you with anything?" Nate asked. I couldn't believe he didn't recognise me, I mean yeah I changed but not so much so one of my best friends through three years didn't know who I am. I was just about to say something when Maggie appeared in the door.

"Can my mate and I help you?" She asked in a cold voice obvious not recognizing me and telling me not to try anything with her mate. I knew she didn't mean it to me as me but me as a female wolf. But it still hurt none the less.

"You don't know who I am?" I asked them giving them a little smile. They just frowned looking at me confused. "Not even my voice or my smell? I know it's been three years but still." I said quietly. And then Maggie gasped and put her hands up in front of her mouth whispering 'Lea'. Nate's mouths fell open and he just stared at me. Suddenly Maggie ran out to hug me, but by instinct I took a step back. She didn't notice it she just hugged me, I let myself relax letting some air out before I hugged her back. It wasn't because I didn't want her to hug me, it was just after training almost everyday all those month sto become an IW. We build up a personal circle you don't let a lot of people in and only the ones you trust. It had become a habit and because it's been so long since I've seen them, my wolf wanted space between us. But I think Nate noticed, because when Maggie let me go he looked weird over at me and approached me slowly before he also gave me a big hug.