It couldn't end soon enough

No one's POV

Within the blink of an eye, the break was over, Christmas had passed and Rachel and Ashley were on the train back to Hogwarts. The two girls had just found themselves an empty cart and were waving goodbye to their father before the train pulled away. Reiji was also still there he had wanted to make sure she had gotten on the train safely, or at least that's what he 'claimed' In reality, things hadn't gone so well for Rachel after Draco's Christmas Eve party and Reiji had been stuck to her like glue since.

*Flashback*

*---SLICE---* The sound of a dagger being swung down echoed in the night. Followed by the thud of the house elf hitting the ground as well as the knife. Reiji stared down at the scene before him before turning to face the Raven haired girl. "What are you doing?" He questioned trying his best to remain calm despite immense anger beginning to boil up inside of him. The girl before him dropped to her knees as she began to cry. "I c-can't do it" She sobbed. Rachel had purposely cut the rope suspending the creature in the tree. She didn't have the heart to kill it in cold blood no matter what Reiji said. "Don't give me that, Rachel. Pick up the knife-" "NO!" She yelled hysterically still sobbing. Reiji hated humans for this reason alone, they were so emotional. In his mind, Rachel should have never grown up this way. Without another word, Reiji kneeled down to her picking up the knife. Rachel eyed him cautiously not knowing what he was about to do next. But what happened next surprised her, he offered her the kife again but this time his expression was soft as if he had given up trying to convince her of this sin.

"Then set him free" He said simply placing the knife in her hand which she gladly accepted. Rachel sniffled as she crawled over to the creature not 5 feet away from her. She gently fingered the rope before looking to Reiji for confirmation. She wanted to make sure he was certain she was allowed to free the house elf. The young vampire boy, who had now also gotten back on his feet and was standing properly poised, as usual. He looked down at her giving her a hand gesture to continue. She turned back to the elf gripping the knife tightly as to ensure she had full control of it before proceeding to saw through the restraints. As this was happening Reiji's calm expression turned once again cold as he eyed the girl freeing the creature. 'She thought it'd be that easy' He tsked mentally. What Rachel didn't know was that Reiji had planned this far ahead, the 12-year-old vampire boy was a genius and a potions master at that. As the last piece of rope was cut freeing the creature Rachel was unprepared for what happened next.

A loud snarl came from the house elf as if it had gone feral. The creature immediately attacked Rachel as she was the closest target for its sudden hostility. 'House elves: docile creatures. Can be provoked by stimulants such as an extra strength hostility potion' Reiji mentally noted. He was going to have to add tonight's observations to his research notes.

You must wonder how Reiji could simply watch as the house elf aggressively attempted to mangle the poor ravenette but to be completely honest that is exactly what he had planned. He wanted her to fend for herself. At the moment Rachel was currently struggling to let out a couple screams as she tried fleeing from the elf only to have it jump on her back and pull furiously at her hair. She was frantic and ended up stumbling back down with the creature on top of her. It wasn't until she met eyes with Reiji who stood there with a blank expression did she realize he was not going to help her. And it wasn't until he pointed back to the knife that she had dropped that it dawned on her...She had been set up...by him. Using the knife as a resort was out of the question until...

"AAAHHhhh!!" She let out a blood-curdling scream as the rabid house elf sunk its teeth deep into the flesh of her left forearm. The creature refused to let go and instead only made to bite deeper by locking its jaw and shaking its head like a rabid dog. Rachel continued to cry out in pain as she struggled to free herself from its hold. In the midst of her struggle, she watched as her arm bled profusely from the deepening wound. The thick red blood poured from her arm. Time almost stopped for Rachel. Her breathing, hearing, smell, taste, everything seemed heightened. It was as if the moon shone down on it. The glistening silver blade lay inches next to her. Rachel could see red at this point, the smell of her own blood clouded everything, her own judgement being one of them. From there...Well, I think you know how that goes.