Suspicions

(A.N: I just thought this was great, I mean just look at them! Snape is smiling! Anyway, enjoy~)

Later that afternoon...

Rachel's POV

I was currently sitting with Draco, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle, we were all seated in the stands clad in our house colours of silver and green with painted on green and silver stripes on our faces and small flags with our house sigils on them. The crowd of students and teachers were cheering for their favourite of the two houses, either Slytherin or Gryffindor. "We're so going to win, I can't wait to see the look on potter's face when he loses" Draco  boasted. "Yeah, I bet he'll cry" Pansy teases. The five of them simultaneously let out a series of baby-like cries. ""Waaaaah Waaah"" They all burst into laughter meanwhile I just roll my eyes at their childishness. I haven't had the best patience with the group since I talked to Skylar this morning, what he'd said had really gotten to me. The part about me having to feed off students, it scared me. What if I hurt someone or worse...killed them. It would be an accident of course but still, what if? I certainly didn't want it to be anyone I knew, that might give me nightmares for months. And this blood replenishing potion Skylar mentioned, where was he getting it all from? Was someone supplying it for him? "Rachel?" I was shaken out of my thoughts by someone's voice. Draco. "Rachel what's wrong?" "Huh? Oh, nothing" I replied blankly. I wanted this little conversation to be over so I could be left to my thoughts but before I could get back to them the match started.

Lee Jordon, a Gryffindor boy commentated the match from the stands. " Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game Slytherin versus Gryffindor!" He announced to which the students roared with excitement and applause. I watched as the players of both teams take their positions in the air, Harry being the highest above the players. I felt a sudden chill down my spine. It was the type of chill that I often heard vampires got when being warned. Warned by what? Our senses of course. These senses clued us in on that something was going to happen, something bad. Problem is, I have no idea what I was being warned about. I cautiously scanned my surroundings, I was not picking up any immediate threats from the crowds of cheering students but as I kept searching my eyes landed on the rather nervous looking figure of Professor Quirrell, our DADA teacher. I was always skeptical of him, he always seemed extremely nervous especially around Harry but I always thought he was a shy teacher to begin with. Something in my head was telling me he was dangerous and that I shouldn't trust him, then again his outward appearance said the exact opposite. Professor Quirrell seemed harmless meanwhile, Professor Snape, who was sat in the row below him fit the outward description of an untrustworthy person, he was shady beyond belief but only I knew that he was truly trustworthy despite his appearance. So what does this mean? Never judge a book by its cover, does that mean I shouldn't trust Professor Quirrell because he seems like a good person? 

I was severely confused. 'Maybe I should try legilimency on him' While I was staring in Quirrell's direction I made eye contact with Snape. His expression remained blank and uncaring but I managed to recognize what looked like a questioning stare. I trusted him enough to tell him when I felt something was wrong...I was also comfortable enough with him to be a condescending little brat to him which I overly enjoyed much to his dismay. I knew he could effectively use legilimency on me, unfortunately, I wasn't skilled in Occulmency yet so I couldn't stop him from sifting through my surfacing thoughts and I knew he was reading them because my mind felt as if it was being invaded, it felt unsafe, as if I were being watched, literally. 'There's something about Professor Quirrell that I don't like. I feel uneasy around him. He's dangerous, I can sense it'  Those were the thoughts I let him hear. Little did I know I'd actually get a response. "Don't trust him, I can't tell you why just stay away from him. He's trouble"  I wasn't expecting it nor was I ready for his response. It was literally as if his voice was in my head, I didn't like the feeling and I quickly shut off the link and averted my gaze from his. I looked back to the quidditch game at hand and saw that it had begun.