Arriving at Hogwarts

(A.N: this is a Brown fish owl. So this is what Timber and Castiel look like)

(Harry's POV)

"Well, come on then, Harry, we best be going," Hagrid said, but I was reluctant to leave with these two beautiful girls standing in front of me. The blonde one was pretty, with sparkling green eyes and a warming smile. Still, the other one—her raven hair contrasting pale skin, flushed cheeks and piercing eyes. I was stunned, if only for a moment.

I wanted to introduce myself, but I probably would've just made a fool of myself, so I turned to Hagrid—quickly exiting the shop. I regret not introducing myself and getting their names. I blame my antisocial ness on the Dursleys, but I trusted that they two were witches and would most likely be attending Hogwarts, same as I. Maybe I would run into them again.

My thoughts were interrupted when Hagrid spoke again, "Something on your mind there, Harry?" I could've told him the truth and told him there was, but I thought it would've just seemed weird. I was just really excited about going to a school far from the Dursleys. I also just wanted to be able to make friends. I was tired of being 'the freak.'

After a moment of silence, my curiosity got the best of me, and I asked, "Hagrid, did you know those girls back there?" Hagrid paused to think before replying, "Oh, you must be talkin' bout Rachel 'n Ashley. Can't say I know 'em, just met 'em today. They be seemin' like a couple of fine young lasses."

"Oh," I mutter slowly. That still didn't tell me much. So their names were Rachel and Ashley. Pretty names, but who was who?

Hagrid seems to chuckle at my dejected reply. "Why ye be asking? Got yourself a crush there, Harry?" Feeling heat rise to my cheeks, I turn my head from him, hoping by chance that he somehow didn't notice.

As luck would have it, he did notice because he began to laugh, patting a hand against my shoulder. "I was only kiddin' ya, Harry." Throwing in a playful wink, he adds, "But I'd be making friends if I were ye."

'Friends?' I wondered. 'I hope so.'

*Time skip to Kings Cross station - day of departure to Hogwarts*

(Rachel's POV)

I dodge a man and woman as they nearly drive their trolley into me. The woman mutters an apology, scurrying along after the latter. I glue myself tighter to my father's side as he guides us along the train platform. We're at Kings Cross station. I was excited but sad at the same time. For Ashley, this would be the longest time she's ever spent away from home . . . for me . . . I just didn't want to leave the comfort and security of my father's home. Not again. Not after last time.

Unfortunately for us, the muggle platform was as far as our father would go. He had some 'business' with the ministry to attend to. So we began saying our farewells. It was almost time for us to depart anyway. It was almost hard to believe that we wouldn't see him until the Christmas Holidays, and even that seemed far too away.

"Love you, Papa," Ashley gushes, throwing herself around father's waist. She held him in a death grip tearfully. I almost didn't think she'd ever let go.

I step forward, meeting them in the hug, muttering a quiet, "Bye, Dad." He wraps an arm around each of our shoulders and kisses the top of our heads. "Behave," he warns, looking at me. Of course, the warning was only meant for me. Ashley never got into trouble. At least when I wasn't around she didn't.

"I'll try," I tell him, offering him a mischievous grin.

I wouldn't try. He knew that.

I release my grip on him and turn towards my trolley and luggage. I eye Castiel as he cranes his neck 180 degrees, ruffling his feathers with a piercing chirp. I chuckle at his lively display. Before I can press my fingers through the bars and coo at him, my father prompts us to get a move on. "You both best get a seat on the train before it gets full."