Chapter 4 ( Part 1 )

I woke up with a massive headache. Thanks dad. It's 7:21. I got up from my bed and walked over to my closet. We may be a bit poor but I still had decent clothes. I got dressed and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my keys and wallet. 40 bucks will have to do.

I woke up extra early only to find my mom has beat me to it. Which reminds me if she heard what had happened last night.

"Kam, what happened last night? All I heard was shouting. Did you get into a fight with your dad? What did I tell you? Never get into a fight with your dad. You know how he is.. He had a little too much to drink and you know what happens when he drinks.. It's best for you- for us to stay out of his way." My mom lectured.

I sigh, "Mom, I'm not a 10 year old. I know stuff. Maybe not a lot but I know some stuff. You don't honestly think you could trick me with those lies, right? After all mom, you tried to support this family with my help. I'm not that oblivious to the world around me." I was tired of talking, tired of everything but me being me I had to keep going, which also means my mom being my mom had to do the same.

"I know you're a big girl Kam. I know you understand the problem that we are having but it's not like we could do anything about it." My mom was about to say more but I cut her off. "There is a way." I said as I put on my leather jacket. "We just have to find it."

As I strolled down the sidewalk with my earbuds in my ears and my music blasted loud to keep out the annoying sound around me I walked in a fast pace towards the gas station.

As  I opened the door to the gas station, the A.C. hit me right in the face. It felt good.

"Well, it's not everyday you see a gorgeous girl walking in a gas station." A cocky bastard stated.

Gosh, even with my music blasted loudly I can still hear his stupid remarks. I don't even know who the guy is but I already hate him.

I turned to my right and I find a chocolate brown haired dude staring at me with a smirk. "Well, it's not everyday I meet an arrogant, narccistic, selfish, self-absorbed, -" "Finished?" He asked.

I snorted an unladylike snort, "As if!" I turned on my heel and headed straight to the beverage section.

Cream soda, cream soda, cream soda, where the hell are you?

Aha! Gotcha ya!

I walked to the cashier and picked up a pack of 5 gum. "Just these two?" The cashier asked. "Yea, please and thank you." I responded. He smiled and put the two things in a bag. "That'll be 4.20, please."

I fished for my wallet in my satchel. "I got this." An unexpected voice said.

I turned my head, "Wesley." I whispered.