Chapter 2

If I had a dollar for every time I was in a shooting fight, I would be a billionaire.

Now, don't take it as if I was a murderer, I'll find a way to get away from the shooting massacre and try not to hurt anyone and get away safely. I may be a bad bitch but I'm no murder.

Sh, Kam, trust me.

No.

"Where to?" Jess asked while switching lanes. I check my phone for the time and decided we should go to the mall. "Mall!" We both exclaimed.

We finally lost the big guys, whew.

This isn't the first time we ditched school. Won't be the last either.

We got to the mall in the matter of minutes. The school is pretty close. Lucky, I know.

"We have to go to Pierce & Price!" I said to Jess. I've been wanting a second hole pierced on my ear but I haven't gotten to it since I've been busy drawing and redecorating my room the way I want it.

"Ok, ok, as long as you promise not to hurt me while getting pierces." Jess said, examining the murals on the wall as we walk to the piercing store. I had this tendency where I grab her arm and squeeze it real tight whenever I get really excited or nervous.

"You know how I feel with promises." I say, looking at her in a mischievous way, or kinda sexual, whichever one you prefer. "God stop with that face."

I laughed all the way to the store. Once I got my right ear pierced I was happy with the result. Only $15 for it plus earrings as a bonus. Once I picked out some earrings and paid for it, I waited for Jess to pay for her necklace. I was looking around the store when I saw these awesome looking promise ring. Or what I like to call it, a swear ring that had a big diamond on it. I prefer swear over promise.

We walked to the food court and bought two Root Beers. It took awhile for us to find a table with two chairs so we sat at the booth instead. "I call the booth, bitch!" I yelled over my shoulder, running over to the booth. "Hey, no fucking fair, you ran before you counted down from 3!" Jessi whined as she tried catching up. "Oh, shut up with your whining. Just sit down, dicklicker." I said to Jess. "Bossy bitch." She muttered but I managed to hear. We laughed at how childish we are.

"Ok, let me see what you bought!" I said to Jess. She gladly bent down and plopped the bag onto the table. "This necklace will look great with my dress for the party!" She exclaimed as I examined my earrings. "What party?" I asked, bluntly. She gasped, "Did you forget already? Hello, the party this Saturday! You know, the one Logan Black is throwing?"

Now, I remember, "Yea, I remember now." Jess let out a breath, "Good, now you should wear these to the party." I cringed at the pink necklace dangling from Jess' middle finger. "No! I hate pink and you know that!" "I know, I know, I was joking. But seriously wear this black one. It will do justice with your black dress! I know you like it!" She was right. I like the black necklace.

I gratefully took the black diamond necklace from Jess, and dropped it in my bag. She smiled, "I knew you couldn't resist black." I smiled back, "What can I say? I love me some black."

"So you like black guys?" A voice said, nearly startling me. I don't scare easily. "Oh, it's you." Jess said, looking glum. "Oh, it's me!" He exclaimed, a bit too loud that people starting looking over here, but quickly looked away when Jess and I gave them the death glare. "So, I heard you like black people." He started again.

"I'm not racist if you're trying to prove that." I said, getting annoyed, easily. It runs in the family.

"No, no, I'm not saying that. I just think that you with a black guy just doesn't work." He said, while squinting at me like he's picturing it. "I don't care, I'm not attracted to black guys, to be honest. Now, stop looking at me like that Pierce."