Chapter 16: Youth

If I asked you for good news

Would you smile and turn away

-Foxes

ENJOY!

~~~

I look at Pete with scrunched eyebrows but he just sits there, staring at him.

He smiles at Pete and sits down with her on the opposite couch.

"So are you happy with Peter?" she asks.

"Don't call me that" he snaps at her.

"It's not my name" he says through gritted teeth.

She chuckles and turns to me.

Whoever this woman was, Pete didn't like her.

"Yes, I'm very happy with him." I laugh a little

"The happiest I've ever been in my life" I say honestly.

I see the mans eyes soften and a slight-real-smile appears on his face.

The woman however, remains poker faced.

"You won't be after we tell you the things were about to" the woman says coming an eyebrow looking me up and down.

I was in some jeans with a Panic! sweater Dallon gave me.

My hair was down in its natural waves because Pete liked it like that.

I play with my nails.

I felt all weird with her judging me like that.

"How long have you been together?" he asks.

I look at him and cross my legs placing my hands on my knees.

"About a month"

She laughs.

"I pity the fool" she laughs and looks at Pete rolling his eyes.

"Why him dear? I mean you're gorgeous and he's..him" she says disgusted at the end.

I glare at her, anger bubbling inside of me.

"Because he's an amazing man and I've never loved anyone else as much as I love him. now please go on and tell me the story you have prepared" I say glaring at her more.

I see the man loosen his tie and run his fingers through his hair.

"Oh feisty, I like you. Better than Ashlee. Anyways, how well do you know him?" She asks smirking

I lean forward and clench my jaw.

"More than you think" I smile fakely.

I didn't like this woman.

At All!

I look at Pete again who is now sitting on the ground by my feet.

I remove one hand from my knee and run it through his hair seeing instantly relax.

"Hmm. Well, Hero is it? Yes. Well, Pete here is not the man you think he is. See, Pete has baggage. Very bad baggage you would not want to get involved with." she says playing with her nail.

I scoff her.

"I've got baggage too, what's the fucking p-"

"First off, he's got that.. child. Ugh how can you deal with him so annoying and ugh!" she rolls her eyes.

Pete tenses as well as I do.

I remove my hand from his hair and stand up taking a step towards her.

Pete pulls me back as the man stands and turns towards me.

I don't know why but I'm have a defensive side for Bronx right now.

"Sit down hun, we've only just begun" she smirks laughing.

I sit down and Pete kisses my hand then facing the woman again.

"You know? our friend Pete, he's known for cheating big time. Yep, cheated on Ashlee 13 times before she filed for a divorce"

(A/N: it's a story I making it up!!!)

I tense more and Pete looks up at me reaching for my hand but I cross my arms.

"...What else?..." I ask worried.

"Hero, you're not-" Pete starts

"Oh so now you want to know? ok what else, oh yes, he's a very heavy drinker. Thing is he's an angry drunk. Will hit you in an instant then won't remember in the morning. Also, he plays your mind. Makes you believe you love him, that he loves you, just to get you to have sex. That's all you're good for in his eyes. Sex. Cold. Meaningless. Careless. Rough sex. And when he's done, he throws you and goes one to the next one. Have you two had sex?" she asks.

I shake my head standing up going to the other side of the room.

Pete stands up.

"Oh, he's waiting for you. Shame. The longer he waits, the sooner you get kicked" the man finally speaks shaking his head at Pete.

My breathing picks up a little.

"He makes you lose contact with everyone your close with so that you can just be with him. No one else... just him. He doesn't care. He doesn't feel. He's Pete. Another thing is that he's not who he says he is" the woman stands up coming over to me caressing my cheek.

"So innocent, so pure, so naïve, so beautiful, shame. You'll be like the rest, another broken beautiful doll." she says and sighs.

A hint of sympathy flashing in her eyes but as soon as its there it's gone.

"Well, we better get going" he says standing up.

The woman nods and turns smoothing her skirt and walking over to the man.

He places his hand on the small of her back and she gives a stiff nod.

"Goodbye Pete" she says as she walks bye

She whispers something in his ear that makes him cringe and his hands form into fists.

I just stand there.

Finally, they leave.

We stand there for 20 minutes in angry silence .

"I'm going upstairs." I say walking towards the stairs but Pete grabs my wrist and pulls me down.

"Don't" he says angrily.

I was getting angrier by the minute.

"Who the fuck were they Pete?!" I scream pulling my wrist away hitting his chest.

I step away from him and stare at him.

"My parents!" he screams.

I clench my jaw and bite my tongue.

His parents?

~~~