Chapter 10 (Rose POV)

When I opened the door there was only one Strigoi guarding the door. She was a young woman who was thin but I guessed that even trying to fight her I would lose big time. 

"So you finally decided to embrace the fact that you are a Strigoi and there is no chance of going back to being a Dhampir."she was smirking at me,"It took you long enough."she said.

I lifted my fist up for a fight."Oh,you might not want to try to do that. could kill you in a single jab. There is no point in fighting against me right now."the woman said with the smirk remaining on her face.

"Besides,  I sent the others to get some better clothes for you instead of these blood covered rags."she said gesturing at my clothes. I couldn't argue with that. My clothes still had the dirt and grime on it from the battle in the caves.a

"Fine. I won't fight you as long as you don't keep me in there like a caged animal."I said.

The woman gave me a smile."I am the leader of this group of strigoi so try to show some respect little lady."she said.

Just then the door opened and the men who had tackled me in the cage of a room along with a few others entered the room.

"Ma'am we have something important to tell you in private."the man glanced at me and said,"Who let her out of the room?"

"Give it a rest. She has finally accepted the truth and she came out on her own from the room. So what do you need to tell me?"She asked the man.

"Go in there and change."The woman told me while she handed me the bag of clothes and pointed to one of the rooms on the other side of the house. I nodded and walked into the room. It was pretty obvious that the woman didn't want me in the room while she spoke to the other man. I tried to overhear the conversation that the woman was having but I couldn't understand much and get sensible information.

The clothes that I had gotten were exactly the right size for me to wear. There was a simple T-shirt and a pair of jeans. I quickly changed and went out of the room so that I wouldn't arouse any sort of suspicion upon me taking so long.

When I came out of the dingy changing room I dumped my blood-soaked guardian gear in the nearest trash can remembering that my old life was now behind me forever.

"Glad to see that you are finally out of that room."said the woman."Do you want to go out to hunt with us tonight?" she asked.

I shook my head. I couldn't bear to actually see anymore blood at the minute. I feared that  I would throw up if I did.

"Suit yourself."said the woman after she shrugged.

"He will look after you."she said pointing to the big man who had taken my phone before."You still can't be trusted for now until you prove yourself to us."

My rage overflowed but I controlled it as much as possible and watched as the woman went to hunt with the band of other Strigoi.

--------------------------------------------------