Her Storms

By SirBlood

"She smiles in the storm and tell no one of her pain. Does she cry? We can't see for she smiles in the storm"- Michael Solis

She stands firm with her head to the sky. The dark grey clouds fill the scenery as cold hard rain pours down from above. She always gained such irony from storms like these. It doesn't matter if it rains, hails, or if it's just a bright and sunny day, she will always be reminded of the storms within her mind.

In a sense the storms in this world give her a sense of comfort, but with comfort comes despair and self-hatred. Truly sad isn't it? To be trapped within the tormenting realms of one's mind and never see the light of day? Instead to only see a constant storm with constant damage. She knows what that is like. She always has, ever since her younger days as a child. Some of us would put doubt inside of her fragile mind, while others tried to encourage and bring more of the light into her storms. But the light has to turn dark eventually. I'm all that's left to guide her.

I am not physical nor am I spiritual, neither were they. We were guidance to free her from the storm. But some grew traitorous and committed mutiny. I am but the only loyal figure that travels in the storm with our troubled friend. But she wasn't always caught in a storm, her world was once bright and peaceful. But that all changed within one bad day. This bad day sent her spiraling in a void like ensnarement; so within such ensnarement came the birth of her once fellow companions.

She had lost someone she held dear to her heart. She loved him with every fiber of her fragile being. Her father loved her just as much as she did, maybe more. The two of them were all they had. They had so little but made due with what they had. They were not liked by the lot of folk that which they lived near, but never cared to say the least.

Love was what kept them safe, kept them strong, even kept them sane. But when her father had been taken away by the cruel waves of the sea, she had lost everything she ever had. She had never felt so alone, so empty, so worthless. Within those feelings the storms began to use this an advantage to consume her.

She did not always allow the storms to try and consume her. Even though she takes the stage with her mortal coil, she embraces the possibility of someday being painfully engulfed in the storm's wrath. Moments like these are not acts of bravery, they something much more. These acts of fear-fueled determination, is the only thing that keeps her going. Despite her wish to join her father in the afterlife, she fights such a desire in order to make her father proud.

Even if she were to combat the storm in a physical form, draw body fluids and blood from it's chest and throat, the storm will only use the stolen blood from her father. But not just her father was taken. The storm has taken the flesh, blood, and souls of much more. The poor girl has watched as the village folk around her slowly starve, fall to disease, and rot away after burning alive or being struck down from above by a bolt of lightning. She tends to isolate herself, in hopes of no more to fall victim of her storms. She tries to combat them alone, but one cannot destroy an army alone; can it? She's screamed and called for her mother, but she could never come. Nor would she ever. Her mothered was ungrateful for the faithful man her father was and desired more. Though she knows of her mother, she has never met her; nor do I wish for her to do so. Her mother abandoned the two during troubling times, but that's not the story that her father told the young girl.

Though, I do wish to ask you a question. If you were to find this trembling, sick, and weak girl, would you take the time to stop and comfort her? Would you take her into your home, treat her as family, and tend to her health and happiness? She needs someone loyal in her life. She needs someone that isn't trapped within her subconscious. If anyone finds this, my request is for you to seek this girl out. Venture out and search for her, and when you find her I want you to hold her close and keep her close until she has no more tears to shed.

She needs to be reminded of what it's like to not be alone. She needs to know what it's like to be comforted during troubling times. She needs to remember what it's like to be loved.