Chapter Seventeen: Arsenic

Hey sorry for the long wait, I have been busy at work. So here is Chapter Seventeen!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Seventeen: Arsenic

Cale's POV:

"Dr. Pond what do you mean, when you say that she is dying?" I can't lose her, I just can't.

"I mean she is dying. I am going to have to take her to my place and run some tests because I have no idea what could be wrong now..... Can you tell me what has been going on?"

"Well she has not been able to keep any food down and all, and her stomach pains have gotten worse. So my mother has been making her protein shakes.  They seem to have stayed down but at the same time it’s like they are making her worse."

"Well we need to get going right now. The sooner I run the tests the sooner we will know what is happening with her."

I walked over and picked her up and ran with her to Dr. Pond's facility. 'Dallas you have to pull through, I know that you have had it really rough since you got here and I can't figure out why bad things keep happening to you. But please hold on and please don't leave me.' I said to her through our mind link.

I knew that she probably could not hear it, but I was still hoping. I followed Dr. Pond into his work room and laid her onto the table.

"Alpha I am going to need you to wait in the waiting room. I am going to run some tests and find out what is going on. But I need you to wait outside in the waiting room."

I nodded my head and went where I was told to wait. All I could do was put my head in my hands and cry. Why has so many bad things happened to her?

It was about an hour later, when Dr. Pond came out and sat in front of me. "Alpha, where have you been getting the powder for the protein shakes that you have been giving to Dallas?"

"My mother has been getting it from Miller Shakes. They have been letting my mother by the powder and she fixes them at home. Why do you ask?"

"Come with me Alpha."

I followed Dr. Pond into the room where Dallas was and she was hooked up to all sorts of machines and IV's.

"She wasn't breathing on her own so I had to put a breathing tube in to help her, also the IV's are putting in medication that is eliminating the arsenic."

"What arsenic?" I was so confused.

"I found arsenic in her blood and I linked to Mason and asked him to bring over anything that she had consumed in the past few days and I found arsenic in the protein powder. Whoever you have been getting that powder from has put arsenic in it, and I am guessing they are trying to kill Dallas."

"Is she going to be okay?"

"I can't give you a happy answer Alpha. I have never had to treat someone with arsenic poisoning before. She can't breathe on her own, and she has lost so much weight. I am sorry Alpha but my point of view and my education, there is a very big chance that she is not going to make it and neither is your son."

I was just dumb founded. Who would want to hurt Dallas, besides the Sapphire Pack? I could not lose her, I could feel her slowly leaving me, and it was killing me and I could feel my wolf wanting to come out. I felt my eyes turn black and I stormed off out of the office and I was heading straight for Miller Shakes.

'Mason meet me at Miller Shakes, they have been putting arsenic in the powder that my mother has been buying for Dallas. I may snap and need you there.'