Chapter Three: The Journal

Here is you all go. I would really like to get some comments on what you the readers think of this story. So please comment, I would like to know if you have any ideas to make this story better. So please leave a comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Three: The Journal

Dallas's POV:

After the dream I had asked Zane for the journal that my father told me about. After thinking it over for a moment, Zane finally gave it to me. I took it and went up to the room I was staying in and started to read it.

What I was reading was scaring me. All of the wolf pack's lives depended on me, what spirit chose me to take on this responsibility? It also said that when one white wolf passes away from natural wolf aging, a new one is born that same day. Also the white wolf always has to be secret about their identity and mask away their identity, the white wolf is always being hunted; whether they are found and killed or not.

I am supposed to be stronger than an Alpha and faster than a Beta. Well as of right now and my whole childhood, I am calling bull shit. I had had enough of the journal, I had gotten what I needed most out of it.

The week went by really fast; I had kind of checked out and didn't leave my bed. Zane had asked me to help plan the funerals for my parents; but I couldn't get myself to help. I know that they would not want me to be like this, I just needed to make sure I was well put together for the funerals.

I stood there looking at myself in the mirror, this is the first time most people will have seen me since the accident. One week has gone by and I don't feel any better. Time is supposed to heal all wounds but I am starting to believe, it just makes the wounds worse.  What I had read in the journal kept going through my mind, and I had no idea what I was going to do now with this secret.

I turned around and started to head downstairs, I was going to be riding with Zane.  He was standing by the door and looked as if he was in his own little world.

"Good I was just going to come up and get you." Zane had snapped out of his own world when he heard me coming down the stairs.

I sat in the car after Zane had opened the car door for me. I really was not looking forward to this. When we arrived at the cemetery I got out and followed Zane to our seats and sat down. The funerals began for all three of my loved ones, and I had spaced out; the next thing I noticed they were over. I had cried all week and I think I was out of crying. I stood up and people hugged me and said they were sorry.

We arrived back at Zane's house; I had asked him not to have people come over after because I needed to talk to him about something very important. I walked up the stairs and into my room and got into my sweats and headed back downstairs. I could smell that he was in his office. I walked over and knocked at the door.

"Come in Dallas."

I opened the door and walked to the chair that was directly in front of Zane's desk.

"So Dallas, how are you feeling?"

"I feel numb; I keep hearing the pack through the mind link that it was my entire fault that my parents and Jensen are dead."

"It was not your fault; it never was your fault. The hunters thought you would be in that car."

"See it is my fault, if it would have been me, maybe I would be the only one dead."

"If you had died, all the packs in the world would start a war and kill each other off. And the rouges and the hunters would take over. You read the journal I gave you right?