British Meets Japanese

In this one-shot will be set in normal AU when both 2D and Noodle are ten-year-olds. Both going by original names, Stuart Pot (2D) and Yumiko Kuroda (Noodle; again, this is to consider as one of her non-canon name, so.. yeah). Also, a little reference from The Karate Kid (2010) when Dre first met Meiying.
*disclaimer*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's Sunday afternoon, down in the playground of Crawley, England. Views 5 boys playing football (not American football. European football meaning for soccer in case some of you didn't know).

"Come on, Stu! The goal is wide open!" The young blonde boy said.

A young boy kicking a football has brown hair and blue eyes. Dressed in red and white striped shirt, blue jeans, and black chuck taylors sneakers. Named Stuart Pot.

Just as he was about to make his goal. His foot then slides pass it causing himself to fall to the ground and the ball to twirl to another boy for him to kick the ball to the other side of a goal. The young brunette boy groaned at this and put his arm over his face.

"You alright?" The young blonde boy reached out a hand, and Stuart takes the offer as he was being lifted up to stand.

"Yeah. Thanks, Gideon." Stuart said as they both sat on the park bench. The young brunette then plays his 1980s Sony Walkman while his headphone is around his neck

"Don't go hard on yourself, Stuart. You've given your best." Gideon pats Stuart on the back.

"I guess." Stuart sighs. Then he catches a glance from a young girl who looked to be Japanese and is reading a book with short raven hair with violet highlights and green emerald eyes, who looked about his own age. Dressed in an orange short sleeved t-shirt, blue shorts, and white sneakers and white socks.

"Is it me, or does that girl kept glancing at me?" Stuart wondered.

"How so?" Gideon asks.

"When we started playing football she kept glancing at me then looks away. It happened since 2 days ago to now." Stuart explained.

"Maybe you should talk to her. She's probably shy?" Gideon suggested.

"Do I really?" Stuart groans.

"Well unless you're scared to talk to a girl." The young blonde boy joked earning a shove from the young brunette boy.

"Very funny. Fine, I'll talk to her." Stuart stands up and walks towards the young Asian girl.

As he finally approached her, she looked up at him.

"Um, hello. So I don't believe I see you around the park before until 2 days ago. Are you like, new around here?" Stuart said. He then looked down and noticed what she's reading.

"I see your reading a book. 'Seven Samurai'? That must be an interesting book. I'm guessing you're Japanese?" Stuart said as the young Asian girl raise an eyebrow at the brunette boy making him nervous.

"I'm sorry! Didn't mean to mean to offend you or anything. I always wanted to go to Japan when I get big. For the sushi." He said. The young girl giggled and spoke,

"Do you actually mean that?" She said.

"Oh! You do speak English." Stuart replied.

"Just fluently. My parents and I just moved here about a week ago. I'm Yumiko Kuroda." She introduced.

"Stuart Pot's the name." He replied. The young Japanese girl narrows her green eyes at his Walkman.

"Is that a 1980s Sony Walkman?" Suzuki asks.

"It is. Why?" Stuart replied a little awkwardly.

"I've always wanted to have one! They released it back in 1979 from co-founder Masaru Ibuka." Yumiko explained in amazement.

"That's really cool you know about retro devices. Do you wanna listen to it?" The young brunette boy ask.

"Are you sure?" Yumiko said with concern.

"It's ok. I don't mind." Stuart offers Yumiko his headphone, and she takes it to place it on top of her to close it to her ears to listen to some retro music.

"This is 'Don't You Want Me' by The Human League, 1981." Yumiko told him.

"They're my number 1 favorite band." Stuart sheepishly scratch the back of his head. Yumiko smiles.

"It's fine. I think they sound great." Yumiko complimented. She then takes off her headphones and gives it back to him.

So, do you have anyone to talk to?" He asks.

"No. Not even once since my family and I moved here." Yumiko looks down sadly.

"You know, my friends and I could use one more player for the team. Wanna join?" Stuart offered.

"Uh, ok," Yumiko answered.

"Great!" Stuart said with joy.

Then someone called out to Yumiko. It was her father.

"I'm sorry. I had to get going." Yumiko stands up while a book is in her arms.

"Oh. Well, it's ok. Maybe next weekend should do." Stuart suggested.

"Sure. I'll let my parents know. Bye, Stuart." Yumiko waved then proceeds to walk towards her father and walks home with him.

"Bye, Yumiko!" Stuart replied a farewell.

The young brunette sighs and walks back to his blonde friend.

"Wow! That was easy for you to get your first girlfriend." Gideon teased, causing Stuart to blush at the word 'girlfriend'.

"Shut up! She isn't my girlfriend! She's a girl who happens to be my new friend." Stuart explained.

"I don't know..." Gideon grins jokingly then Stuart punches him in the arm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoy this cute platonic au moments between them. Also, I made a reference to the book Yumiko (Noodle) is reading from the film on her website.