We'll Wait

Kinda like part 2 from my previous one-shot 'Confusion Love'. Where 2D and Noodle finally break the awkward silence to each other. This conversation is almost similar between Greg and Rose's discussion in the episode 'We Need To Talk' from Steven Universe. Set in pre-phase 4, ft. Melody Pot
*disclaimer*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's been yet another band reunion, some small drama about 2D and Noodle's blood child but cools down at the end, settling in Wobble Street in London, and plans for the next album coming soon. It's past midnight, and everyone's asleep, but one.

Noodle is shown in her bedroom with her three-year-old bluenette daughter sleeping peacefully while snuggling with her. The guitarist has been thinking deeply. After having a talk with Chiyoko about these new feelings to 2D, giving birth to his child then later gets kidnapped by Maazu for the first 3 years, rescuing her daughter and promising to never lose sight of her again. Noodle has come to her decision from her heart and is ready to face it. She slowly slips from her daughter's embrace and softly places her tiny head on the pillow. She strokes her daughter's soft blue hair before exiting her room to proceed walking to the singer's bedroom upstairs.

Noodle's not the only one still wide awake, but the singer is awake as well, thinking the same thing as the guitarist. Remembering being eaten alive by the whale, stranded on some deserted island which turned out he's near the Guadalupe festival and talking to some hairy hippie guy of these new feelings to Noodle. Giving him few months to find himself and come to his final decision.

2D stands to head to the guitarist bedroom. As he opened the door, there stood is the young Japanese woman who's just about to knock on his door. There goes another awkward silence between them.

"... hey." 2D spoke out.

"... hey." Noodle replied. 2D motioned her to come in his room. They both sat on his bed, avoiding eye contact with each other.

"So... how's your break?" Noodle asked awkwardly.

"It wos.. ok. Wot about you?" 2D answered while fidgeting his fingers a little.

"It was.. fine." Noodle replied awkwardly.

Each of them takes turns glancing at each other while the other isn't looking. Until finally they turn to face each other eye to eye and spoke,

"Noodle/2D I..." They both sigh until one them speaks.

"We both know why we wanted to talk about the same reason for this new situation," 2D said as Noodle nodded.

"Things really changed now. Between you and I. Why does this feel so hard for us?" Noodle told him.

"It can be a really complicated situation. After wot we did back on Plastic Beach, we felt sumfink, but after that, you told me it's best we don't speak to each other, ever again. You've really hurt me, Noodle." 2D replied sadly.

"I know. I regret saying that to you. It's just... it's just that.." Noodle's voice is breaking.

"Just wot?" 2D asks.

"I'm afraid, ok?! After our last talk, I tried to run away from these new feelings to you but it just keeps coming back. Even when I discovered I have your child and thought after she's born, I had to give her up because I don't want this to cause a bad reputation to both of us." Noodle breaks down.

"I understand. I tried to run away from these new feelings too. At first, I thought I founded the one for me, but I knew it's wrong 'cos, she's too young for me." 2D said softly.