Chapter 37~Eternal Rest

Beckett's POV

"Drew! Daisy! Fiona!" I exclaimed as Zander and I pulled up in front of Drew's cabin.

Fiona came bolting out of the house with Drew and Daisy following right behind her.

"Oh my god," gasped Drew and embraced the two of us.

"We were just about to set out and look for you guys, how did you get back here and whose car is that?" he asked me.

"Mark, h-he saved us from Red, a-and there was another guy with him!" exclaimed Zander.

"Ellar?" asked Drew, but once he said that name he immediately covered his mouth.

"How do you know that?" I interrogated, squinting my eyes at Drew.

Is he one of them too?

Drew took in a deep breath before he began to talk. "We work together, he's one of my my workers."

"Excuse me?" I asked, incredibly bewildered.

"Ellar is good, he's a good guy,"

"Then how do you explain him working with Red!?" I screamed.

"If it wasn't for Ellar than your sister would already be dead! He's a distractor, whenever he sees Red about to kill her he always steps in to 'interrupt' him when in reality he's saving your sisters life!"

"So why didn't he resist Red when he was kidnapping the two of us?"

"Are you crazy? Ellar is undercover and if he hinders Red's orders he will get killed! Anyways, Ellar wouldn't have hurt you if you two ended up at the headquarters."

I was staring at Drew in disbelief.

"So are you and Ellar going to take down Red?" I asked.

"We're planning on it," he answered, "still coming up with the plan. But as of now we're just trying to make more food so when we do overrun Red the people can immediately start eating normal food again."

He then changed the subject, "we need to get the two of you inside. Did Red place a tracker on the two of you?"

"I honestly have no idea Drew, all he did was tie our hands and feet together and threw us in the back of his trunk," I said as I began to shudder from that experience.

"Come on you have to get inside," said Drew as he gripped both of our hands and started dragging us to the house.

"No Drew, stop!" I said harshly.

He let go of us and gave a confused look.

"Do you want to get kidnapped again?"

"No it's just that-"

"Do you not trust me?" he asked as his voice began to crack.

"No, no Drew it's not that," I reassured him

"Then what is it?" he asked, wiping the sweat that was appearing on his forehead.

"We need to get Fiona and drive to this address that Mark gave us," Zander spoke for me.

"Okay well let me-"

"No, it's just the three of us," stated Zander.

"Are you serious? You're trusting your dad on a situation like this?" asked Drew in a sarcastic manner, "I thought you boys would be less gullible than that!"

Zander and I both stared at the ground not knowing what to say next.

"Let me see the address," he demanded.