Chapter 21~Change

Mark's POV

"Hey! You there!" I yelled at the guards passing by. They continued on walking.

"Get back here!" I yelled and they immediately stopped. This is it.

"You aren't the one giving orders around here!" said the short and rather corpulent man.

"Who says that? You? No I didn't think so. In a matter of fact," I stood up and walked as close I could get near the door. "I don't know why Red even hired you, you're pretty useless when it comes to the field of chasing down a person. Usually big people like you can't-"

Suddenly I heard the beeping and different pitches of the numbers being typed into my cell. 52708. That's all I needed.

The two guards both entered the room and the taller one pinned me against the wall. Punches were then thrown at me and were making my ears ring.

"Next time!" spat the corpulent one, "keep your mouth shut," and one last punch was thrown into my abdomen and I fell to the floor. Once again I heard the beeping of the numbers being typed into my cell and I was alone again.

52708. 52708. 52708. 52708. 52708

I was repeatingthe number in my head over and over. Reaching over to retrieve the radio, my side was aching and throbbing but my whole life depends on this moment.

I stood up on my shaky legs and walked over to the door. I bent the antenna once more and slid it through the tiny slot of the door. This was going to be a lot harder than I thought.

Pressing my ear close to the door, I could tell the antenna of the radio was skimming over the slick numbers. I pressed down and could hear a beeping sound echo through the hallway.

5-2- I had the sound of the keys playing over in my head trying to imitate the same sound.

Suddenly a loud but short buzzing noise came and I knew I didn't type the code in right.

Trying again I pressed down hearing the clicks once more.

"5-2-7-0-8," I gritted through my teeth. The door snapped open and a breeze was coming through the door.

I did it.

I scrambled out of the cell and sprinted down the hallway. Noticing that I was in bright neon orange clothing, I ran into the locker room to change.

I found the most random clothes to throw on and took deep breathes before I went back out into the headquarters.

All of a sudden I heard the doors to the locker room being opened and I slid myself inside the tight locker space.

"What do you mean Oliver just left?"

It was Red.

"I don't know sir, I just saw him leave with your car and did not say a word," said his assistant- and niece,Via.

"Lord have mercy," grunted Red. "Leave," he spat and she rushed out of the room.

I saw Red as he slumped down on the bench and rubbed his forehead. He let out a huge sigh and swore.

That's when I realized that Red came in here to change, and I was hidden in a locker. I had no time to think of what locker to hide in and just jumped into the first one.

Suddenly I heard Red get up and walk over to the row of lockers. He opened the far one on the left.

"Where the hell did I put my sanitation suit?" he mumbled while opening the next locker.

Lockers were being flung open and the closer Red was getting to where I was hiding. I should have grabbed the gun before I hid, but could I really kill Red? Without him running this-