Chapter 19~Eat

Hearing the pounding on the door, I buried myself underneath the blanket even more. The noise kept getting louder and faster and I knew I had to open it.

Finally, I built up the courage to get up and see who was at the door.

Getting up slowly, I made sure I had the gun loaded in my back pocket. My father taught me how to shoot a couple years ago just in case there was any emergency. Ironically, I would have never thought the problem would be him.

Walking towards the door I was trying to steady my breaths. Who could it possibly be? I reached my hand out to turn the door knob and held my breath in. Swinging the door open, I saw a figure standing on the front porch. Oliver.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked while holding the gun up.

Oliver put both hands in the air.

"I'm empty handed Celeste," he said turning himself around so I could see he was unarmed.

"How did you find me?"

"Well you stole my car and I have a tracker in it. I suggest if you hijack someone's car again you make sure you disable the tracker," said Oliver, almost like it was a joke. "Can I come on?"

"Are you serious? Just a couple of hours ago you were bribing me to open a safe by killing people! You killed my best friend and betrayed me!" I screamed and slammed the door in his face.

"Miles is not dead, and your siblings are in danger," answered Oliver.

The door was a barrier between the two of us.

"No you're just saying that so I go with you and you'll end up killing me like how you do with everyone else!"

"I can take you to them right now," he said.

Mark's POV

"Well Mr. Hardy while Oliver is gone to get your daughter I'll have to keep you in captivity so you cannot escape," said Red as he put both of my hands in cuffs.

"You'll be staying in cell 637, and dinner will be served to you once I lead you there."

Red lead me the last cell on the left and typed the code in to ensure I would not escape.

"Here is your dinner Mr. Hardy," said Red giving me a malicious smile.

"You expect me to eat that?" I said while staring at the undercooked meat.

"Why yes I do, it's not like it's anything new, I mean you've only been eating it for the last nine years!" cackled Red.

"And if you don't, you will end up starving yourself. And I don't want that to happen," spoke Red.

"Just because you're employed here doesn't mean you get special eating privileges Mark, you're just like the rest of the people." And he slid the platter through the slot.

I stared at the meat, picked up the platter, and threw it at the wall.

Celeste's POV

"Come with me I promise I won't hurt you," begged Oliver.

"You have to be out of your mind Oliver! Did you not just comprehend what happened over the last few hours? And you expect me to get into your car right now and trust that you will take me to my dad? I lost everything Oliver! I lost my mom I lost my sane father," I spoke as tears were forming in my eyes.

"You're not the only one whose lost something," mumbled Oliver, "I lost my mom too," he said.

"I have no sympathy," I answered while staring at the ground.

"She was Mrs. McCaan,"

"What?"

"She was my mom, Red lied to me about my mother, he said she died from an accident when I was eight. I also had a younger sister but of course I can't remember her because Red brainwashed me, and I'm positive that he killed her. How selfish can one be, to kill their own daughter? And then he was praising me and trying to make me feel special because he decided to keep me and train me to kill people! I didn't choose to be like this Celeste! I want to change, I want to have a normal teenage boy life! But I can't because I'm screwed in the head! I can't change, I've been like this for to long, so I'm stuck being a psychotic person!"

I could hear the pain behind his voice.

"I don't believe you, I said crossing my arms.

Of course I believe him, what the hell am I saying?

"What more do I have to say Celeste?" screamed Oliver while throwing his weight at the door.

"I lost your trust and I know you have many reasons not to believe me, I understand. But please Celeste, I want to be less cynical, I want to wake up in the morning feeling like I have a positive purpose in the world. I want to go on hikes and listen to the type of music I want to listen to, I want to be loved and trusted for who I am."

I could hear Oliver as he slumped down against the door. An image of him flashed through my mind when I first met him.

He had me.

"Please Celeste let me in, I promise I won't hurt you," he begged.

The door acted as symbolism. It was a barricade between both of us, keeping me safe but blocking him from getting inside.

Getting inside of my mind again.