15: Beauty and the Bill

"Shooting Star," Bill said, "I know that you will be happy with me."

Mabel stayed silent.

"I don't understand why you are so unhappy with me right now." Bill frowned.

"Have I not made it clear, Bill?" Mabel crossed her arms. "You're evil, and I want you to be good. When you're evil, you scare me."

Bill tapped his chin with his finger. "Well, I can't do anything about that."

Mabel sighed in defeat. It was useless. "So, can I at least say goodbye to my family?"

"cAn I aT leAsT sAy gOoDbyE tO mY faMiLy?" Bill mocked her. "We don't have time for that. We're leaving right now."

"Wait, Bill-!" Mabel pleaded.

But Bill snapped his fingers, making them both teleport to his grand mansion.

Mabel looked around. Everything in the mansion was golden; she was afraid to touch anything. But the furniture wasn't her main problem, it was Bill.

Mabel felt tears form in her eyes. She regretted making this deal, she regretted falling in love with Bill, and she just wanted to go home and see her family.

"What's with the sad look, Shooting Star?" Bill asked. "Too bright in here?"

Mabel looked at him angrily with tears running down her face. "You're insane!"

Bill only laughed. "Sure I am, what's your point?"

Mabel shook her head. "My family will know something is up. And when they do, they'll come looking for me and all hell will break loose for you."

"You sound like you're being kidnapped or something." Bill tilted his head. "But technically you willingly came with that deal you made with me."

Mabel frowned.

"Now that we're together, we can have fun!" Bill smiled.

"And what's your definition of 'fun', evil Bill?" Mabel trembled.

"Wanna go destroy some monsters?"

"I'll pass."

"Well, what do you do in your free time?" Bill crossed his arms.

"I knit." Mabel pointed to her sweater. "Got any yarn?"

"No but," Bill snapped his fingers, making balls of yarn appear, "now I do."

"Wow." Mabel was surprised with all the gold yarn. "This will work."

"So we're going to knit?"

"You can go destroy monsters or whatever." Mabel sat down on the ground. "I want to knit."

"I'll knit with you." Bill sat next to her.

"It's not really a two-person activity, Bill."

"I don't care." Bill said. "I just want to be with you, Shooting Star."

Mabel felt confusion in her. He was so desperate to be with her! Then Mabel had an idea pop into her mind.

Maybe if my positivity rubs off on him, he'll be good again.

And so the plan begins.