Waiting For The Hint Of A Spark [] 8

CHAPTER EIGHT
2ND POV
9/28/17
[]
"I'm a mistake."
         –a depressed person
[]

   The two soldiers shakily set the pod in front of their Queen's throne. The were fearful of the person who had been inside it for months, while the Insecticon hive was absolutely ecstatic. The swarmed around in the anticipation. You didn't really like the Decepticon that was in it either, though you'd never actually met the psychicotic femme. One thing you knew for certain was that she and your creator were going to get along great, which only deemed her as more dangerous than before. You held another energon cube, but this one was meant for her when she left the pod.

   If you haven't guessed who the special guest is—though its painfully obvious—the femme is . . . Airachnid! Just the sound of the name would immediately turn on one's fight or flight instincts. For many though, it was just flight. You sighed, clicking a few buttons on your tablet's screen. You held it at your side with your servo clutching the device in a tight grip, like you were afraid someone would take it away. One of the soldiers tapped a button on the pod's side, and the lid slowly rose off, letting the huntress tumble out onto the floor.

Knockout watched the whole thing with hatred in his optics. He was appalled that Omega would even consider this as a good idea. The lady had murdered his partner for Primus' sake! He glanced over at you, slightly concerned. You returned his look with a shrug and an emotionless expression. He understood when Soundwave gave people that kind of look; Soundy was Soundy. But you were a sparkling. You shouldn't have been growing up in a war! Especially with that kind of mother. An emotionless expression from someone your age was all the more reason to be concerned.

   Airachnid let out a groan as she lifted herself off of the ground. Why was she being released? The two soldiers tried helping her up, but the huntress was quick to stab them through the chassis and watch the life swiftly drain from their masks. Omega cleared her throat to catch the femme's attention, so the spider-Con looked up to see an entirely different sight than she was expecting.

   "That was a little unnecessary, don't you think?" Omega asked with a light chuckle. The mask over her optics (kinda like Tailgate in MTMTE) kept any emotion other than amusement from being shown. She sat cross-legged on the surprisingly comfortable iron throne, with a few small steps leading up to it. Airachnid stared in confusion at your creator at the ground in front of the stairs, looking over at you with the same expression.

   "Who the slag are you?" She growled, readying a few of her razor sharp legs. The spider-femme knew she was outnumbered though, but that didn't stop her from making a good threat.

   "I am Omega, the former sparkmate of Megatron. And this little abomination here," your creator gestured to you, "is my heir." You continued to stare blankly, even managing to set off the huntress a little. She shrugged you off and attracted all her spindly legs, standing straight in her bipedal mode.

   "Where's Megatron then?" Was Airachnid's reply. This was an easy one to answer, one your mother bestowed upon you herself. Isn't that great? You sighed before answering her question, as if it almost pained you to tell her the news.

   "He's dead. Creator killed him, Starscream, and Optimus too. We're currently in New Cybertron on the recently cyberformed Earth. Cybertron itself is being rebuilt for other Cons and soon-to-be Autobot prisoners." You explained. It was as simple as that, really. The purple femme blinked in surprise. Megatron and Starscream dead? About time. But she had managed to do it all herself? Airachnid knew the new Queen of the Decepticons was someone worth taking seriously.

   "Hm. A shame I wasn't able to do it myself, but congratulations on your winnings. What do you want from me, though?" At least she's asking all the right questions, you thought impatiently. You wanted to get away from this meaning as soon as possible so you could go give the Bots their lunch and escape plans.

   "It's very simple." Your mother claimed confidently. "The Insecticons are in need of their own Queen, and I truly believe we can work out a deal." It was a pretty sound claim for your creator, and Airachnid even seemed to agree. Though disappointed it wasn't by her talon the warlord died, the idea of soon having her dream empire was just as satisfying.

   "Yeah, we even brought welcome back gifts." You said, trying your best not to grumble the words. The special guest raised an optic ridge at you but suddenly turned her attention to the trembling soldier that approached her. He held a sort of platter that was covered with a shining, silver lid in front of her. The vehicon slowly took it off, revealing the gruesome, severed heads of Jack and June Darby. The sight disgusted you, and made you worry about how you'd even try to bring it up in a conversation with Arcee. She'd feel all too responsible for it.

   "Omega, your highness," Airachnid turned herself to face the Queen with a sickening, worrying grin, "I think you've just found yourself a deal." That was your queue! You looked up into the visor your mom wore, searching for the approval to leave. The femme nodded with her own terrifying smile at you before turning back to the spider-Con. You transformed into your alt mode and sped towards the energon storage rooms to go deliver energy, and unbeknownst to everyone else, a means to escape.

   Don't stop me now, Unicron, you thought with absolute determination.