I'll Be Close Behind [] 3

CHAPTER THREE
2ND POV
9/25/17
[]
"Pain changes people."
Anonymous
[]

   "It's good to be back!" Knockout cheered after stretching his limbs. Being stuck in a wall really did a number on you! He walked over to where Megatron was laying down and plugged the long, thicc cord into it. "Now," he asked your sire, "what will we be fishing for today, my liege?" The warlord snapped his optics open and looked over at Starscream.

"Starscream's true motives." A surprises grunt came from the silver seeker's intake as he sat up, staring slack-jawed at his master. The fear stayed with him as he lay back down with his wings flat on the slanted table. Knockout crouched down again and plugged in the other cord, and Starscream and Megatron dove into the world of memories.

You and your creator stood in the corner of the room, watching the whole thing. The Cortic Psychic Patch was more interesting than terrifying to you. To be able to go into someone else's mind and explore what they've been through! Absolutely fascinating, and incredibly dangerous. Your mother was amused by it, just like everything else. She was insane and definitely belonged in a mental hospital, but she knew how to be a good leader and seduce and keep people in line. A scary femme in many optics.

"This is going to be juicy!" The doctor chuckled. He watched Screamer do a little victory dance at the supposed death of the warmonger, finding fun in every second of it.

"No kidding." You mumbled incoherently. You jogged up closer to the computer screen where the memories were being displayed like a movie. What went through the seeker's mind made you wonder why he ever kept trying. You had given up years ago! Then again, you had gotten the opportunity to start at a terribly young age.

You could imagine all the excuses that would be immediately contradicted by the skinny mech's memories. You stared at all the times he was beaten beyond belief like you had as a toddler. Maybe you had something in common with the jet after all. Though from what you heard, he wouldn't be willing to do anything for or towards you. Just another thing you'd have to live with.

Suddenly, a memory including one of Knockout's misadventures with the traitor came up. He froze up, glancing at you and your creator with great anxiety and fear. Omega only shrugged and gave him a smirk, and the clip of him and Starscream about to offline the defenseless warlord in stasis.

"You know, when my sparkmate arises from the Patch, he might do more than just stick you back into that wall. He might as well take you and the seeker's helm on display for all to see." Your creator told him with an innocent tone. The grounder's optics widened and he stared at the blank face of your sire on the flat table. The realization hit him that he was being given permission to murder her own lover.

"Your right! And if I disconnect before a proper power-down," Doc Knock began with a smirk. The idea had already come to your mind, though you hadn't thought they'd go through with it. You finished his explanation for him with, "the link is severed and my sire won't ever emerge from Starscream's head." The cherry red mech strolled over to where the Decepticon leader rested and gripped the cord firmly. He turned it a little, when a servo slapped over his own abruptly.

"Everything okay here?" Dreadwing growled threateningly. Knockout tried to think of a quick, inconspicuous explanation, when something else suddenly happened. Omega slammed her fist into the back of the lieutenant's helm, and he fell forwards with a pained grunt. Now, he was unconscious, and just as helpless as your sire too.

"You may carry on, my dear." The femme told him sweetly. The threatening undertone she had in her voice every time she uttered a command was clearer than ever. KO nodded and gulped, before readjusting his grip on the black and purple cord and tearing it out from the back of Megatron's helm. It was rather anti-climactic, but you knew damage had been done as Starscream began trembling with rage. It was crystal clear that the warmonger was almost immediately realizing he had been betrayed and was now stuck in the seeker's mind forever. The damage was done.

   "Well well well, I guess I'll have to go tell our troops who their new, true leader is," Omega said, sighing in contentment. She walked slowly over to where Starscream lay. "But first, why do we take out two scraplets with one blow?" She crouched down and grabbed the cord connected to his own helm and yanked it off with a sickeningly delighted expression.

   You and Knockout exchanged surprised glances, and he seemed truly scared for more than his finish. You shrugged with an apology in your shining optics before facing your creator again. She giggled sadistically. That would be something the other Cons would have to grow used to.

   "So, what now?" You asked, speaking up for the first time on the ship. Your mother didn't look as surprised as the doctor when you did. She giggled uncontrollably again and slipped up to you.

   "Now, I'm going to make some changes around here. Feel free to come along!" Omega called back at you as she casually strolled out the Medbay's doors. You shrugged, following her out. You spared a glance at the unconscious Dreadwing and the dead seeker before heading off to the control room. Knockout didn't doubt that things were going to take a drastic turn for the worst. But how soon would it come? And how would it all end?

   And how were you, a small sparkling, so unaffected by all this madness?