Chapter 6

You try on the fifth outfit of the day. Jae told you, you don't have to dress up, but you can't help yourself. He talked about being seen together in public, so something like a date, right? You want to look a little different than usual. But you just can't seem to find anything that satisfies you.

Right as you're about to give up and just wear a hoodie and a pair of sweats like Jae suggested, you remember something. Your cousin had lived at your place for a couple of months until she moved out of the country. She had then left behind two suitcases full of barely used clothes for you to keep.

You skip to the spare room where, sure enough, two suitcases, ready to burst anytime, are impatiently waiting. You search through them like a maniac and finally. Finally, you know just what to wear.

You spin around in front of the mirror and watch the fabric draping your figure. You don't look extraordinary. It's not like you were gonna go all in anyway. But you're very pleased with the flared denim skirt and simple tee you found.

With a dash of very simple makeup, you're ready for whatever Jae has planned.

He had texted, telling you not to worry about school. That there has been planned several field trips for the week, mixing groups of students across the classes, and that he had made sure the two of you were on the same one for today. It isn't like you enjoy skipping school. But there is something exciting about it. Maybe because you won't be spending the day all alone.

A knock on the door catches your attention. Your parents left the house even before you woke up, so you would have to go downstairs to open yourself.

Right there on the front porch stood a tall, dreamlike figure with a single tulip in his hands.

"No rose?" you tease him for his lack of cheesiness.

"I know you're allergic to corny actions," he answers. Damn, he knows you well. Not that you had expected any less, of course.

"Come on in." You take a step back to let him through.

"Thanks, babe."

You get inside and head for the kitchen. You tiptoe to reach a slim and simple vase at the top of a shelf. Jae's chuckling voice, which he unsuccessfully tries to hide, is clearly audible behind you. He loves watching you struggle to get small things done.

"So," you say as you put the flower in the vase and move to the fridge. "What are we doing today?"

He shuffles in his seat and leans in over the counter.

"Well," he starts off. "I am dragging your cute, little butt to Seoul for the day."

You turn around, wide-eyed. Happy and excited, of course.

"Well, it isn't unusual for people from here in Incheon to visit Seoul, but the least amount goes on a Wednesday. So that's where we're heading."

You can't believe it. Not because going to the capital is a rare event. But actually being able to act like a couple in public without having to look over your shoulder every five seconds for once is huge.

You run around the counter and jump on him for a hug.

"Easy there, girl," he laughs.

"Thank you so much, Jae. Really," you murmur into his shoulder. You can already feel how great the day is going to be.

"Anything for you." You pull back and look into his enchanting eyes. "I know how much you hate seeing me and Sohyun together. You need a month of relaxation, but I can only give you a day, so."

You grin from ear to ear, making him join you. After a moment, you press your lips against his in a spontaneous kiss – soon turned to a full-on makeout session.