Chapter 3

"You didn't bring a jacket?" a voice, impossible to grow tired of, peeped from behind you. You let go of yourself and turn around.

"I planned on stealing yours," you joke and wait for him to get to your spot at the edge of the park from across the road. You slip your arms around his waist and hug him tightly, taking in his addictive scent fully.

"Why are you so cute?" he mumbles so quietly he could only have been talking to himself.

"I don't want to let go," you admit. He chuckles. "Seeing you with her all day, even though we were supposed to be alone..." You drift off and close your eyes. The images, every single frame of them showing affection towards one another, flashes by in your mind, clear as air. You shake your head to get rid of them.

"I know," Jae says and softly rubs your back. "I know."

After a minute or two of silence and hugging, you sigh.

"Hm?" he hums.

You voice your thoughts, "I wish we could do this whenever we wanted to. It sucks."

"Yeah. It does. But hey; let's not be like this. We're wasting time. We have places to go, you know?"

Jae pulls a bit back and looks down at you. He's right. You didn't sneak out in the middle of a school night just to stand there and hug. Though you would also be totally fine with doing just that.

Jae takes off his favorite denim jacket and places it on your shoulders before planting a small peck on your lips, taking your hand and heading off towards the movie theater.

Having a secret relationship is difficult. Especially when getting spotted can be a lot more damaging than if there wasn't a third person involved. So you sneak out at night every once in awhile to be able to walk and talk freely, doing whatever you want whenever you want.

"Babe?" Jae says, pulling you from your daze.

"Mm?"

"Have you ever thought about our future?"

"I'm a girl. Of course I have."

He lets a chuckle slip.

"Well, what do you think?"

"What do you mean?"

"What do you think will happen? How will everything turn out?"

You think for a moment.

"I don't know. I'm not sure. I mean, I still see us together even 10 years from now. I can't really imagine being with someone else. It's a weird thought. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know." He sounds dejected.

"What do you think will happen?" you ask. He shrugs.

"I'm not sure what will happen. But what if something gets between us?"

"Like what?"

"Something. Someone."

"What do you mean "someone"? Are you scared I will fall for someone else?" you giggle at the ridiculous thought.

He shrugs again. You stop in your track.

"Or maybe that you will?"

He stops too, now a few steps ahead of you, and turns around. He looks troubled. You feel an uneasy atmosphere taking over.

"I don't know," he says again. "What if?" Your brows furrow.

"Wait. So you don't know if I'm the one you actually want to be with, despite having said that I am just that a gazillion times?"

"That's not what I meant-"

"You do know what's at risk here, right? You are aware that I could very well - and might just - lose my best friend if she ever finds out we've been having an affair behind her back, right?"

"Babe." He takes a step forward.

"No, just stop at think for a second. If you don't see a future with me as a part of it, we should stop what we're doing RIGHT now, before any more damage is done and all hope of me ever forgiving myself for this whole thing will be gone."

You're outraged. Disappointed. Shocked. Displeased. Most of all: Upset he could have a thought like that.

"(Y/N). Please. That's not what I meant. You're the only one in my heart, the only one I want to be with. But that doesn't hinder the thought of someone splitting us. Whether it be because of love or hate."

Your tense shoulders relax. How did you get so upset so fast from something where you just judged the what he said without knowing the meaning behind his words? You feel stupid. The mixture of sleepiness and jealousy from throughout the day had got the better of you, even though it was only for a couple of minutes.

"I'm sorry," you sigh and bury your face in your hands from embarrassment. "I'm just really tired."

You feel a pair of arms wrap around your, still, freezing figure.

"It's alright. I would've reacted the same way. I'm sorry for bringing up a sensitive topic like that. And even more for the thoughtless answer I gave."

"You were just being honest."

"I suppose." He drifts off. A minute later, he speaks up again. "What about going back to my house and spend the night there? We both need a nap, and I sleep better with my favorite cuddle-buddy."

You move back a little. "Oh, so you have more than one?" you joke. He smiles.

"Thanks for not being upset anymore. I hate it when you're not wearing the stunning smile of yours." You feel your face heat up. You quickly nod and wriggle free of his warm embrace.

After you arrive at his house, you sneak in as silently as possible and hurry upstairs. You change into one of his tees while he's in the bathroom. Just as you finish putting your clothes away, Jae comes into the room. You immediately get analyzed by your beau's elevator eyes. A smirk tells you, you look better than good.

"Have I ever told you how much I love seeing you wearing my clothes?" he mutters and steps closer.

"Doesn't every guy? I always look great in everything!" you exaggeratingly state.

Jae picks you up and places you on the bed before climbing in himself. You snuggle up to his heated figure. Without much space or blankets to cover yourself with, it's necessary to lie cramped together. Not that you would have done anything differently if you had a king sized bed with covers for the both of you. You would probably still share.

With the sound of his heartbeat as your lullaby, you fall sound asleep, feeling more than safe in his large arms.