The Vashta Nerada

Your POV

"RUN!" The Doctor yelled, and fled the scene
"What?" You ask, running alongside him, down narrow corridors and through wide, open rooms
"That, y/n," he panted, swinging around corners with you and Rose by his side "that's a Vashta Nerada. They.. they're basically air-piranhas" he suddenly grabbed your arms while still running, spun you in a circle, and kept going "They hide in the shadows. DO NOT. TOUCH. A. SHADOW. "
He dodged another streak of darkness falling across the floor and continued on
"No shadows. Shadows are bad. Got it" you say, nodding.

You three ran into another room with floor-length windows and shelves upon shelves of books. You and Rose went to grab chairs and other bits of furniture to prop against the door, even though you can't keep out a shadow, whilst the Doctor logged onto the computer. He ran his hand through his hair and put on his glasses.
"No. Not again come on..." he murmured, softly but loud enough for you to hear.
"What's going on?" Rose asked from beside you, dropping the pretence for a second.
"The last time I was here," the Doctor said, constantly typing " we got out through helping the little girl that was wired up to the computer, by letting her access...someone.." he paused and looked away, remembering "someone very important. But, this someone, she nearly died, and is now only living a half-life in the computer. If either of you tried, you would definitely die. She only kinda survived because we had advanced technology, technology we don't have this time around! We have nothing!" he yelled in frustration and started pounding on the machine.
"Doctor!" You ran and grabbed his hand. "You're stressing out. That isn't a good sign, and you need to calm down. When you're stressed you don't think, and when you don't think, well" You stare at him, while he tries to avoid eye contact "Then we're all dead, aren't we?" You drop his hand and turn to brace the rattling door again.
"Yeah. Yeah, ok" you hear him say from behind you, and with a smile building on your face, you keep out the shadows

•••••
The Doctors POV

We're all as good as dead. How.. how can I save them his time?
Normally, this is the part where I think of Rose, and how she could've helped me, but now... she's been acting... off. She's different now. She's not the Rose I loved, that's for sure.
I mean, she said "So?" about a dead planet! All that life, gone! For nothing! And she said so?

That's not Rose.

So now, as well as dealing with the prospect of not getting out of here alive, I'm worrying about Rose. Although, I might want to look into the Vashta Nerada problem first.

The astronaut is still pounding on the door, while the girls try to barricade it. The astronaut... the same one from last time. That same one that said "hey! Who turned out the lights?" originally. So they've survived. They survived in CAL's library. How? Shadows? Constant shadows, made by the lights and the moon. So that would mean I basically have to light up this whole floor, find out a way to get back the TARDIS, get it back, figure out what's wrong with Rose, figure out what I'm going to do about both Rose and y/n being around, and keep us all alive.

Simple.