The Amazing World Of The Imagination ~Chapter Eight~

~Chapter Eight~

"Bre, isn't this how the quadratic equation goes?" Sebastian asked, holding up his paper.

"Er, no...not at all." I actually could talk to Sebastian now that Jane was skipping school, she wouldn't tell me why, I don't know maybe it's a She wolf thing?

"You have to put this here, and that over there," I explained, erasing almost the whole page, I frowned, "I thought you understood this, I mean, you were answering all the questions right.

He sheepishly smiled, and rubbed the back of his head, "Well, let's just say stuff goes in one ear and out the other."

I kept staring at him, "Okay, that wasn't that funny..." he said.

"Your acting weird," I said, tilting my head.

His eyes widened, as his hands clenched and unclenched, it was a small movement but my senses must be getting much better, "Me, weird? Psst, I'm never weird! Unless you like weird, I'm okay with that too!"

"Um...okay..."I said, turning around and finishing my problem. From the corner of my eye, I saw Sebastian crumple up his paper and mutter, "Idiot"

My face turned beet red, and I turned to him, angry, "Who are you calling idiot!? I punched one turd, and I still have one arm left for another!" I threatened.

He looked confused, and then burst out into fits of laughter, "What's so funny? Do you think you're a macho turd or something?"

"No-" He tried to get out in his laugh, "How could I think you're an idiot?"

My face turned even redder, and not from anger, "Well...er...thanks?"

He calmed down, and smiled kindly, "Do you...want to go get some ice-cream after school Bre?"

I hesitated, "...sure?"

He smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen, and turned around. I turned around also to come face to face with the entire class looking at me, or gaping at Sebastian.

"Are you done you two? Or would you like to continue in detention?" Our teacher asked, with narrowed eyes.

"No thank you..." I murmured, and slide farther down my seat.

The bell rang, marking the end of the day; finally, I thought I would have to start making an escape plan.

I got up and walked to the hallway towards my locker, and Sebastian, a little too cheerfully, followed me. 'I wonder why his acting so strange,' I thought as I opened my locker.

"There's this ice cream place that's amazing, it's called Dairy Dream." Sebastian said, leaning on the locker next to mine, as I put my books away.

"That sounds very..." I tried to think of the perfect word, "Puny."

He laughed, "I guess."

I closed my locker, and adjusted my bag, "So where's this ice cream shop?"

~*~*~*~

The ice cream shop was really cute; it was like a mini cafe.

"It's so adorable! I wonder why I haven't seen this." I said, as I walked into the shop, smelling the wonderful smell of fresh baked cones.

"Glad you like it." He said, walking up behind me, "Order whatever you like."

"Um," I thought, walking over to the counter, "Do you have orange flavored ice cream?"