Hazel Eyes ~Chapter Two~

~Hazel Eyes~

"Bre?" I heard Jane's weak voice call out to me, but it was strange because she looked much better then before.

I looked up to her, sitting in one of the hospital chairs in her room.

I wasn't suppose to be in here, but I had to see how Jane was doing, after all this was my fault for running off and leaving her like that.

"Yes?" I asked, looking at her.

"What happened to you?" She whispered.

"I-I don't know..." I admitted.

"I know what happened," She said, laying back on to her bed, "You turned into a cat."

I started laughing hysterically at what she said, " A cat? Why not a bird, or a cheetah or something?"

She frowned, "It wasn't the first time was it?"

I stopped laughing and looked at my hands, "I thought it would stop happening because I haven't changed in so long." I started laughing.

She looked at me confused on why I randomly started laughing.

I looked at her and smiled, "That's the reason I'm an orphan."

"Really?" She asked, interest sparked in her eyes as she leaned forward.

I shrugged, "It happened about," I put a finger to my chin to think about it, "I think I was three years old when I first...er, what was the name?"

"Transformed?" She said, rolling her eyes at my lack of word use.

"Yeah, transformed!" I said, nodding as I continued my story, "Well, I guess my parents didn't think it was so interesting at the time, and so they just gave me up."

She nodded listening, "So, where did you live with your parents?" She asked, acting like a detective again.

I frowned, "How am I suppose to remember that?!" I asked, crossing my arms.

"I don't know, just try to remember-" But she was cut off by something scratching at the window.

I looked to the window to see a black cat randomly scratching at the window, meowing loudly.

I turned to Jane and glared at her, "Weird stuff always happens when you ask stupid questions!" I pointed to her with an accusing finger.

She glared back at me, "First of all, it was your fault that we got stuck in the woods because you weren't paying attention, and second," She held up two fingers, "The cat is probably attracted to you because your a freaking cat!"

I pouted, everything she said was true but I would never admit to it.

"Should we let it in?" She asked, looking at the cat.

"No, it might have rabies."

"Then does that mean you might have rabies?" Jane suggested.

"That was rude! You not what, conversation end!" I said, irritated.

It kept scratching at the window and meowing as if it thought it would scratch right through the window somehow.

Cats...wait, I'm a cat, well not fully.

As I was having my mental debate on my, er, darn my lack of word use! The cat some how created a circle on the window, popping it off.

"Um, Bre..." I heard Jane say, trying to get my attention.