XX - Loch Ness Monster and Love

It feels like heaven when I kiss Keith. A part of me is complete. He is the most important thing in my life.

This is not just a small crush. I know how a crush feels like. After all, I had a crush on Gerard when I was younger.

What I’m feeling right now is love.

My heart skips a beat when I think of it. I’ve seen too many sappy romance movies from Titanic to Romeo and Juliet to know that I’m feeling now is love.

The truth hits me back to reality: I’m falling in love with Keith McGregor. And he doesn’t love me back.

Of course he doesn’t love me back! Who would love a person who is obsessed of the Loch Ness Monster?

“I’m sorry,” I whisper to Keith, who looks stunned.

My legs carry me away from Keith. Tears unwillingly fall from my eyes.

I run to the guest room to grab my knapsack. I can’t stand staying here, under the same roof with Keith after kissing him.

The worse thing is, I didn’t regret kissing him.

Talk to him, dimwit! You can’t just assume he doesn’t love you back! My brain screams at me. Even my heart agrees.

I want to let out a scream, just to block the stupid voice in my head. I don’t think Maddie or Craig will appreciate me screaming my head off in their house.

I run out of the McGregor’s residence with my knapsack strapped on me. I run, not taking a glance back to see if Keith chases after me.

To see if Keith really does love me.

“Hey! Watch where you’re going!” A familiar voice yells out when I accidentally bump into that person.

“I’m so – Lucy?” I ask in shock when I see Lucy not looking like a Goth anymore. Instead, she looks normal with her jet black hair tied into a pony-tail. She is also formally dressed, the make-up that makes you look like a professional on.

It is still a shock to know that this is the Lucy I met on the airplane.

“Kaya? Where have you been?” she asks, with her hands on her hips as if she’s scolding a child instead.

I didn’t answer her because I’m too busy staring at how different she looks now.

“This? This is all the work of my stupid Scottish aunt who is apparently the principal of an all-girls boarding school. Once I’m out of here, I’m never coming back,” Lucy rants, kicking a stone nearby.

“Lucy Pinefear! Get back here, young lady!” a voice screams, making Lucy’s eyes widen in surprise.

“Crap,” she curses and then start to run. “Hope to see you again soon when I’m not being chased by an aunt who looks like she’s going to put make-up on me until I die, Kaya!”

Once she left, I find myself wandering in the town of Loch Ness. Luckily for me, the old lady and the wrestlers are no where to be found.

“I can’t afford to get lost once again,” I mutter when I realize I’m no longer in town, but not in the woods.

Instead, I’m by the LochNessRiver, where the Loch Ness Monster is usually seen.

Splash!

I drop my knapsack and squint my eyes. A small figure of a long neck and head is out in the water.

My knees wobble and my brain cried out in joy.

It’s the Loch Ness Monster!

“Kaya!”

I turn around to see Keith running towards me.

“Kaya, are you okay? You’re crying.”

I sputter for awhile, unable to speak. Keith frowns. I clear my throat and say, “I saw the Loch Ness Monster, Keith!”

Keith looks at me as if I’m crazy. “What?”

“She was over there!” I turn around to point at where I saw the mythical creature when I see nothing but the small waves. “She was just over there, Keith! I swear I saw Nessie!”

I fall on my knees, next to my knapsack.

“She was right over there,” I mumble.

Now Keith will think I’m insane. He’ll drive me to a mental hospital and I’ll live there forever.

Instead, Keith says something that blows my mind away, “I believe you.”

I snap my head towards him in shock. “What did you say?” I ask softly.

“I said I believe you,” Keith tells me, sitting next to me so we’re facing the lake. “And I love you.”

Before I can say anything, he leans forward to kiss me.

The kiss lasts about fifteen seconds when he pulls back.

“I love you, Kaya Harrison,” he says. His forehead touches mine.

“I love you too, Keith McGregor.”

I found the person who accepts me for who I am.

Most importantly, I found someone who loves me for who I am.