epilogue.

song for this chapter: oblivion by the hella bastille.

epilogue.

|| m i c h a e l ||

Five years later.

Hearing the crunching of leaves, I walk inside the familiar cemetery.

After a couple of minutes later, I find her grave and I sit in the grass, setting down the a bouquet of flowers on the ground.

Aspen May Willows.

1997- 2014

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is the special occasion."

When everyone found out that Aspen died, they all became sad.

It was in the news everywhere.

A few days after Aspen died, I left Indianapolis taking with me a couple of things.

Her bucket list poster, the box with her letters, and her The Fault in Our Stars book.

On the days after she died, I didn't cry.

On her funeral I didn't cry.

I cried when it became a year since her death. I couldn't make myself go to her tomb and talk to her. That was when I lost it and cried for the whole day.

That day, I looked through the letters, checking all of the titles until I saw one that had the title, 'a year.'

In the letter she talked about how it's been a year since she died and that I must've been crying. It explained everything that I was feeling.

Now, it's been five years since she died and here I am sitting here and talking to her.

"Hey Aspen. How's heaven treating you? You must have been having a lot of fun up there."

"So, you said that I would find someone that would love me. And it happened, I found a girl. She reminds me so much of you, Aspen. She's carefree and sweet and she loves me. And, I love her. She's a bookworm just like you were."

I take out a letter from my jacket pocket.

"I still haven't opened the letter you wrote for me but I have it now and I'm going to read it."

Ripping the letter open, I recognized her crappy handwriting that somehow is readable.

Dear Michael,

Wow, if you're reading this, it means you surprisingly found your lover. It's probably been more than two years since I died or something like that but I'm glad you moved on.
Now, onto your new girlfriend. Is she nice? Is she funny? Does she make you laugh so much? Oh my gosh, just imagine you laughing a lot. I'm so happy for you and her. EEEEEEEEKKKK

I'm glad you've been "visiting me" for the past years, but don't ever forget that I am watching you.

Don't screw this up, Clifford.

I'm about to be very cliche and all TFIOS so bear with me.

Thank you for giving me a forever within the numbered days, I'm grateful for it.

Now do the same with her and give her a forever with all her life.

Well, if she's the one, you know.

Remember I'll always be your Augustus and you'll be my Hazel, Mikey.

That really sounds weird, okay.

I'm gonna finish the letter now because I can hear you walking towards my room and I don't want you to find these letters until I'm gone.

I love you Michael Clifford, so so much.

Love,
Aspen Willows, a. k. a. your Augustus.

Guess she never really left me.

Folding the letter, I place it in my back pocket and I wipe my face.

"I will always love you Aspen Willows."

She'll always be my own infinity.

++++

can i just say i would've updated earlier but i was on twitter and vine watching one direction's concert in bogota.

anyways, IT'S OFFICIALLY DONE.

i'm going to cry in a corner now.

i'm going to do my thank you right now.

thank y'all for all the support, like hella yeas.

and thank you for 1k followers, jesus that's a lot of people.

you guys are amazing and thank you guys for reading this story and commenting and all that stuff.

y'alls comments make me cry and laugh.

i had to put a tfios reference here bc cool.

this is probably one of those fan fictions that talks about rare things, and i am glad i was one of the first ones that did the topic.

i love you all and seriously, inbox me or tweet me @lilacniallplz.

okay, hopefully you guys like my other stories and check them out if you haven't.

okay, this is the end, i love y'all dubai.