0.0

0.0

   || a s p e n ||

Torn in two, and I know I shouldn't tell you but I just can't stop thinking of you..” I sing, lying on the uncomfortable bed.

Nurse Mackenzie enters, checking my IV’s and if I was breathing correctly.

“You’re singing that song again, Aspen. Why do you love them so much?” She asks, passing me a glass of water.

“They make me happy Mackenzie, and I just don’t know why.” I reply.

“Well, your parents are coming in a couple of minutes for the foundation.” She smiles.

I grin, brushing a strand from my short black hair.

My parents decided to call the Make-A-Wish Foundation because my doctor broke the news a month ago.

“Hey doctor. How am I?” I ask, smiling.

My doctor looked at my parents, serious.

“The treatment isn’t working. It seems that the cancer has been… spreading. I’m sorry.” He shakes his head.

My mom becomes pales, and my dad quickly walks out of the room.

“Can we get another treatment?” My mom immediately asks.

He nods. “Yes, but it will cost a lot.”

“No.” I respond.

I was sick of the treatment. I was sick of my parents spending a lot of money to try to fix something that can't be undone.

“I don’t want anymore treatments. I want to die normal, not because of some treatment. Doctor, how long do I have until I’m gone?”

He looks down at his clipboard, flipping pages.

“You have four months, Aspen.”

++++ 

well there is the introduction of the story.x 

please vote, comment, and share.

well goodbye..