Chapter 6

Dedicated to SamuelZammit for being my fan!

  I immediately spun around to see a man around twenty years old; thrree years older than me. He was wearing a leather trenchcoat, much like Fabian's jacket. He had a small amount of facial hair, short, military-cut black hair, and was about as buff as Randy and Kelso. Fabian, however, looked like he outdid him by just the slightest.

  In the blink of an eye, he had me pinned up against the wall. Okay, now I was officially terrified. Still, who the hell did this guy think he was? Barging in here unvitied, with intentions of doing God knows what. He body was pressed against mine, and he had my hands pinned above my head.

  "How about we have some fun?" he said, as his cold breath slid down my neck. I barely resisted the urge to shiver, what with the creepiness of it all. "I'm only two years older than you."

  Wait, so he was nineteen? Huh. Funny... He seemed older than that. Wait! Why am I thinking about his age? This time I did shudder. Weirdo.

  "Let me go, creep," I growled, "Or I'll... uh..."

  He only chuckled, and it sounded more evil than I could've imagined. I tried to break free, but it was no use.

  "Let. Her. Go," Fabian warned.

  "I don't think I will. Why should I? It's not like you've done anything for me... Quite the contrary, actually. Shall I tell the young mistress? I think she deserves to know," he replied.

  I could hear the boys take a step closer. "Stay right there, or I'll kill her." He turned to face them, but only tightened his grip on my wrists. This was my chance. I looked over to Kelso, who was to my left, and jerked my head over to the guy, telling him I needed a distraction. He picked up on it pretty quick, thank God.

  "Hey, Trent?" Kelso asked. Trent's gaze snapped in his direction.

  "What's your favorite color?"

  Before Trent could react, or realize it was a distraction, I brought my foot up and kicked him where the sun don't shine. Of course, since he's a vampire (or so I assume), this only barely hurt him. Then, Kelso and Randy slammed him up against the wall, followed by Fabian picking me up bridal style once again.

  In the blink of an eye, we're upstairs, and he sets me on my bed. Vampire speed really comes in handy, I must admit. That's when Trent appeared, and Fabian lunged for him. After that, the absolute coolest thing happened. A hot vampire fight broke out. Oh, come on. You know we've all thought about it before. Anyway, since they were using vampire powers, I could only see about half the fight. The other half was a big blur. Litterally. Suddenly, Trent had Fabian by the throat, so I thought I'd provide a distraction.

  "This is so cool!" I yelled.

  Both heads snapped toward me, but Fabian recovered from the confusion faster. He punched Trent in the jaw, which sent him flying into the wall next to me. He quickly got up, and turned to me, an evil smile plastered on his face. His right hand went to his opposite hip, as Fabian advanced from behind him. I crawled off the bed (or fumbled) and started to nervously back up against the wall. Trent effortlessly pushed the bed aside, throwing it into the door with a loud crash. He slowly continued to walk closer, all the while reaching for something in his trenchcoat. I realized what was happening a little too late.

  Just as Fabian got to him, he spun around, and stabbed a wooden stake into his stomach. He pulled it out and went to stab it again, but Kelso, Miranda and Randy rushed in, pushing the bed back across the room. Fabian stumbled back against the wall, and slid to the floor, clutching his stomach, and coughing up blood.

  "You can't beat all of us," Randy said. In the blink of an eye, Trent was against me, his lips right next to my ear.

  "This isn't over," he said. Then, he turned, and jumped out the unbroken window, causing a peice of glass to cut a deep gash in my arm.

  I quickly slid across the bed, and bent down next to Fabian.

  "Miranda!" Kelso yelled, "You're the nurse! What do we do?"

  She suddenly seemed ot snap out of her daze, and go into a 'taking action' mode. "Serenity, apply pressure to the wound. Kelso and Randy, go get all the alcohol you can carry. I'll get the bandages." They all three dissapeared in a flash, and I layed Fabian onto the floor, and pressed my hands against his stomach as hard as I could. It helped a little, but not much. The little amount of blood that was still left was spilling through my fingers. Still, I couldn't help but notice that he had quite the eight pack.

  Before I knew it, the other three were kneeling beside him as well, and Randy and Kelso were pouring loads of alcohol onto his wound.

  "I thought you weren't supposed to pour alcohol in these types of situations?" I asked. Miranda gave me a knowing look. "Right," I muttered. "Vampires."

  The beer must have really hurt, because Fabian arched his back and clenched his teeth. His hand shot out and grabbed my wrist, while the other was furiously pulling on the carpet. Wow. Wood must be poison to vampires. Pretty old fasioned, but whatever. Okay, my wrist was seriously beginning to hurt. But I didn't care; I was worried for his life.

  Miranda then nodded for me to remove my hands. Right as I did, she wrapped loads of bandages onto his torso, and Kelso and Randy lifted him onto my bed.

  "What now?" I asked.

  "Now, we wait," Randy replied. I nodded, and waited for about twenty seconds.

  "What are we waiting for?" I finally asked.

  "For his heart to pump enough blood," Miranda explained, "Though, the chances are slim. He'll probably be dead within the hour. Vampires aren't made to produce their own blood."

  "They drink human blood," I finished quietly. Then my eyes lit up. "Then have him drink from me! He needs it."

  "No..." Fabian choked out. "I won't..."

  "Come on, Fabian. You need to," I begged. His eyes flitted open, and he gave me a look of finality; of authority. I gave him the look back, and his eyes eventually softened.

  "Fine," he said, obviously dreading it.

  "Yay!" I squealed. Not that I was looking forward to it, either. I just didn't want him to die.

  I brought my left wrist up to his mouth, and his fangs shot out, peircing my skin. I waited for the pain to come, but it never did. If anything, it felt... normal.

  After a second, he pulled away, and I sat up, suddenly feeling dizzy and sleepy. My eyelids started to droop, but I was too tired to say anything. Maybe I should just sleep... I found my eyelids impossible to keep open, and the last thing I remember hearing is a bunch of muffled voices.